• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 8 - Mouse Click/Audio Narration Issue

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receorded my software simulation, then added recorded narration to each slide afterward. When I go to preview my course, each time the mouse click happens, the audio narration volume is decreased slighly before, during, and slightly after the mouse click. I wish I could say it was by a neglible amount, but on certain slides it nearly "covers" my narration completely. I can't seem to find anything in the Adobe Captivate forums about this specifically, which is surprising! So that leads me to believe there is a setting somewhere. Has anyone else encountered this?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The fact you don't see references to this in the forums is indicative of the fact that (at least for me) this is the first such report I've seen of this specific behavior. It could be that it's a bug. Following that, I'd strongly urge you to file a bug report on it using the link below:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

The behavior you are describing is consistent with what I might expect of the Background Audio and Slide narration.

If you aren't using Background Audio, perhaps try clicking Audio > Import to > Background so you get the dialog. Then configure the dialog so you clear the option for reducing the volume.

tmp1.png

Once you have done this and clicked Save, click Audio > Remove > Background and see if that fixes anything. If not...

Try clearing the preferences and publish again,

My crystal ball is on the fritz and my psychic skills are nearly non-existent, so I can't tell whether you are using the Mac or the PC version. But if it's the PC version, here is how you clear the preferences.

Close Captivate

Right-click the Shortcut icon and choose Properties

From the Shortcut tab, click the Open File Location button

Windows Explorer should open - From there, locate the Utils folder

Double-click the CleanPreferencesWin.bat file

Restart Captivate and test

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While we're on this subject, is it possible to disable the mouse click sounds when you're recording?  For me, they seem to be as loud as my voice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources