Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6

Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Aperture user and I consider to change to Lightroom. In several places in the web I read that Lightroom 6 is shortly before launch. Is that right and if I purchase verion 5 will I get a free upgrade to version 6?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually you get a free upgrade if you purchase within 1 month of the release, see - Do I qualify for a free upgrade?

Unfortunately though no one knows when it is going to be released but all indicators point to soon ... however long that may be. But an announcement about the platform was made on 21 January - Update on OS Support for Next Version of Lightroom

You have 2 options to guarantee Lightroom 6, wait for the official release or subscribe to the Cloud Plan for Photoshop CC and Lightroom for $10/month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have 2 options to guarantee Lightroom 6, wait for the official release or subscribe to the Cloud Plan for Photoshop CC and Lightroom for $10/month.

Or download the 30 day free trial, if you haven't already done so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading the free trial is no option because I tried Lightroom already in December. So I will wait for the official release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heinzk58932168 wrote:

Downloading the free trial is no option because I tried Lightroom already in December. So I will wait for the official release.

Keep an eye on the Adobe Labs website, a free public beta normally appears there prior to the official release.

http://labs.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As there have been leaked Amazon product pages for LR 6 giving release dates of 6 / 9 March I suspect that there will not be a beta release.  We will know shortly.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The leaked spec on Amazon had no new features and stated that Lightroom 6 was released on 6th of October 2014 !!!.  There has however been a more recent listing on a French site stating a feasible spec list and a release date of 9th of March.   Both listing have been subsequently withdrawn.  I await Monday more in hope than expectation of the release of LR6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ISeward wrote:

As there have been leaked Amazon product pages for LR 6 giving release dates of 6 / 9 March I suspect that there will not be a beta release.  We will know shortly.

Ian

Four years ago I saw a "leaked" page on Amazon announcing the imminent release of the new, updated Canon 100-400mm lens.

Which came out at the end of last year...

Rumours are rumours, regardless of origin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith_Reeder wrote:

Four years ago I saw a "leaked" page on Amzon announcing the imminent release of the new, updated Canon 100-400mm lens.

Which came out at the end of last year...

And yet everyone believes the rumors...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a lot more exciting to believe the rumors. It makes one feel that they are on the inside track of knowing what is "really" happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess wrote:

It makes one feel that they are on the inside track of knowing what is "really" happening.

But unless one is on the inside (and constrained by NDA's) one doesn't really have a clue what's going on...some people know and simply can't say. Everybody else is on the outside and should learn to live with being on the outside...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2015 Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's worse than their rumour-mongering is that if - God forbid - Lr 6 is released on Monday, they'll think they're somehow vindicated and that they get to say "I told you so...", as if they're somehow entitled to the credit for it being released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's the 10th - where's Lr 6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith_Reeder wrote:

It's in the same place it was on the 9th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still holding out for Aperture X. I saw it listed on Amazon years ago. ANY DAY NOW!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Aperture X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heinzk58932168 wrote:

What is Aperture X?

An even older rumour - and a new joke here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith_Reeder wrote:

Nowhere to be seen, which will probably still be the case after tomorrows leaked date and the rumors of a release on the 25th have passed. Personally I wouldn't count on LR6 being released in the next 30 days, it will be released when Adobe are ready, which is hopefully when it's relatively bug free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I'll bet you're right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

‌"when it's relatively bug free."

Yes, hopefully that'll be the case - I'd rather wait a few more weeks for Adobe to finish it properly, rather than rush it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is highly unlikely you will get a free upgrade since Lightroom 6  is subscription only.   I would save my money for the Lightroom 6 and Photoshop cc subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Historically Adobe has been pretty happy to give a 30 day free upgrade window to folk who have bought version x of Lightroom not long before version y has been released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who told you that LR6 is subscription only? I nowhere read about that. That would lead me to change to Capture One.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heinzk58932168 wrote:

Who told you that LR6 is subscription only? I nowhere read about that. That would lead me to change to Capture One.

NOBODY (with any inside knowledge or credibility) has told him that - it's more rumour-mongering!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines