• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH6 Project Name Change

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2007 Oct 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the method of File > Project Name Change, I went to the Project Settings and changes there.. I right clicked and changed the names of files as a last resort... everything says the new Project Name, although when I generate it....the old one is used mixed with the new. Why is this happening.. How can I change the Project Name and ensure this will not happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, there is no reason why you would have to manually rename a file. This is exactly what the File > Project Name Change function does in any case. If you are extra careful about losing stuff like me, take a backup first.

OK I assume you are producing webhelp. Is your default topic named after the old project name? If so, rename it in the file properties dialog and re-generate. If this doesn't help can you provide some more detail of which files still have the old project name. BTW it shouldn't matter if they do unless (like me again) you are extremely neat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, what it is, is when I generate it shows the following

C:\Documents and Settings\C1000393\Desktop\online help\GSK_ESS_MSS_HRSS_Online_Help.htm

Now where it starts at GSK that is the start of the new title and the Online Help at the end before .htm is the remaing.. for some reason it is adding that ESS MSS HRSS part on its own.. and I can not figure out why... I mean everything works but it just bugs me that, that is added.... and I can not figure out why... the project started off as ESS MSS HRSS.. then I changed the name to GSK Online Help.. but now it moved the GSK to the front placed the old project name in the center and it bugs me....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, what it is, is when I generate it shows the following

C:\Documents and Settings\C1000393\Desktop\online help\GSK_ESS_MSS_HRSS_Online_Help.htm

Now where it starts at GSK that is the start of the new title and the Online Help at the end before .htm is the remaing.. for some reason it is adding that ESS MSS HRSS part on its own.. and I can not figure out why... I mean everything works but it just bugs me that, that is added.... and I can not figure out why... the project started off as ESS MSS HRSS.. then I changed the name to GSK Online Help.. but now it moved the GSK to the front placed the old project name in the center and it bugs me....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First page of the generate wizard, first field.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says GSK Online Help

that is why I am not seeing where it is taking this info from.. I have read all the help files and did everything possible but for some reason it still adds that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH7 and am having the same problem. When I view the end product, the title bar for the window displays the old name. Is the Project Name Change command not changing all the necessary files? Which file holds the name for the window title bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2008 May 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a limited case, but if you're using context-sensitive help with WebHelp or FlashHelp and have specified window parameters, there is a field in the Window dialog that specifies the text that will show up in the browser title bar. If that's what you're using, check there.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using the context-sensitve. But that sounds like what I'm looking for. I know there must be a file that contains the text string and it's not being updated. I wonder if I can change it manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new layout and generate the help from that. What happens then?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a longshot:

In Project Set-up, Windows, the default is NewWindow. Do you have another window set up?

If not, look at the settings for NewWindow. Does it say anything besides NewWindow there?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2008 May 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sometimes a long shot wins!

I went to Project/Settings and the old project name was still in "Project Title".

Made corrects and it is worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2008 May 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I haven't replied sooner--been ill. I believe a manual change would have to take place in the start page (.htm) file in the <title> tags. Do this only as a last resort because you'll have to change it every time you generate your output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp