• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I try to erase my authorization of my computer it keeps saying, "unable to erase authorization. Try again after sometime"

Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.When I try to erase my authorization of my computer it keeps saying, ""unable to erase authorization. Try again after sometime"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I hope someone has an answer, Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the instructions given in following link:

Error "E_AUTH_NOT_READY" | Digital Editions

I hope it helps.

-Chirag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Chirag!  Had to go in the registry to get rid of my authorization.  This happens every time I update Adobe Digital.  Do you know why?  Shouldn't the software update the authorization at the time you update?  I am no computer techie but I've had to learn on my own mostly because of issues with Adobe Digital.  Just wish I understood the "why" of things, you know?  Anyway, thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Chirag. I had the same problem. Your solution corrected it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have same issue and the instructions for Error "E_AUTH_NOT_READY" does not work either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you able to deauthorize and then authorize successfully?

If not, then can you tell us did you try the UI option only? or you were not able to delete the registry (on Windows) or delete the activation.dat file (on mac) as well?

-chirag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to delete activation.dat file on my mac easily.  But after deleting and re-installing ADE, it shows as being authorized already (STILL), even though the .dat file was removed. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I was able to resolve this issue.  On my mac, it was due to two things. I'm using two macintoshes.  One for home and one for work.  Both are setup for handoff.  1) make sure the library folder is not invisible.  There must be more than one occurrence of the activate.dat file to delete.  2) Once I found it on my work mac and deleted it, it actually removed authorization from both macs!  I can't explain how this happened, but it must be due to the handoff settings.  So, then I re-authorized the original macintosh first and made sure my books could be read with no errors, then I authorized the work mac (before any books were imported to the library).  Both macs were authorized, and the first mac was working fine.  Then I imported the books into my work mac and everything is working properly on both macs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I "make sure the library folder is not invisible"?

I cannot find the activate.dat file after multiple searches...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google making the "Library" folder visible and you'll find several ways.  There is a terminal command that you can type.  I followed directions that I found by searching it.  However, I'm not an expert at running terminal commands on the mac.  It's pretty easy to find the command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press "Shift+command+G".

Go to folder dialog will appear.

Type ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions

drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

Reference:

Error "E_AUTH_NOT_READY" | Digital Editions

Hope this works !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shreya, thank you so much!  I have been trying to resolve this issue for months and no one here has been able to help

I will add,  just deleting activation.dat, did not work.  Here is what I did:

1. Closed out digital editions
  2. Deleted activation.dat
  3. Uninstalled Digital Editions
  4. Searched "digital editions" in finder and deleted all related files
  5. Emptied Trash
  6. Reinstalled
  7. Re-Authorized

Voilà!

Again, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines