• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using a template

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2007 Oct 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a template with an image on the left side that is 162x542. I want to record my screen captures at 796x542. How do I integrate the two once I finish my recording?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AW corp

I don't believe you will be able to pull it off using a template. I think what you will end up doing is creating a second recording at the size you desire, then importing that into your template and ensuring the imported slides are placed in a location that doesn't conflict with your images.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create 20 slides with just the image on it and save it as one project. Then record my screen captures at the appropriate size to incorporate the image and save that as a second project. Then would I open the project with just the image and import my second recording with the screen captures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Yes, that's the way I was referring to.

Of course another way also exists. That would be to record your application, but record an area larger than your application when you record. Then add the side images later. Or possibly include the side images as you are actually recording the application. Here's how.

I have to preface this with the fact that what I'm about to offer seems to go against all the books and conventional responses offered here in the forums by others. I'm not sure I've ever heard a valid argument why my approach wouldn't work better. So until then, it's going to be a bit of a mystery to me. Perhaps someone else will advise why my approach is flawed as opposed to what all the books suggest as well as others here. I suppose one possible exception would be if you needed to record in full screen.

All the books I've seen regarding recording in this manner seem to advise you to monkey with your windows desktop. Hiding icons, setting a plain jane background and basically jumping through hoops to set the stage for recording. My approach involves simply opening an instance of a different application and using that instance in the same manner as you would find at any portrait studio. In your case, I might suggest using Windows Paint. Open your image you wish to have along the side and position it all so you might then have your application properly placed. You would then record your application. After you finish recording, simply close Paint and you are done. No desktop hokey pokey and whatnot.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Once I complete my first recording and say I need to rerecord how do I position the red recording area at the exact same point it was in the first recording? I am not choosing snap to recording area since I need the space on the left reserved for an image.

My application is centered within the window leaving black on both sides of the application. I am utilizing that black area as the area where I would place my image.

I opened paint then selected open from the File menu found the image and opened it within Paint. My question is how do I place the application next to the image within paint without seeing the Paint window frame and all of the toolbars within Paint? Maybe I am misunderstanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources