Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 trial problem

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2007 Oct 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I downloaded the trial version of RoboHelp 7 a few days ago. I'm a developer and I already have a version of RoboHelp 5 which I use to display WinHelp from an MFC program, but I now want to move to Html help. I imported the .hpj file from my RoboHelp 5 project into RoboHelp 7 for Word. I set it to build HTML help and It built successfully. I overrode the CMainFrame::WinHelp() function as described in RoboHelp help, and I was able to call the .chm file from within my program to display the top-level help page, i.e. the following call was successful:

RH_ShowHelp(pWnd->m_hWnd, csHelpPath, HH_HELP_FINDER, 0);

However, when I tried to use it with context-sensitive help, i.e.

RH_ShowHelp(m_hWnd, csHelpPath, HH_HELP_CONTEXT, dwData)

where dwData is the map ID of some topic, it didn't work. I did a "get last error" call and it returned "The compiled help (.chm) file does not contain context IDs" .

I've checked the map IDs in the RoboHelp 7 project and the topics appear to have the map IDs I would expect. I also examined the .chm file with a program called FAR HTML and it appeared to confirm that there were no map IDs in the .chm file.

Can anyone advise me on this? Is this perhaps a limitation of the trial version?

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 30, 2007 Oct 30, 2007
I found an answer to my problem. I need to use #define in the map file.

That is, previously where I would use:
MYMAPID 100

I now need to use
#define MYMAPID 100

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, can you look in your map file. Is there a reference to any of the map numbers there? Also check your project's .ali file. This should map the mapid to the HTM file location. If these are not there, it may be that the mapids have not been converted correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I've checked the map file and ali file. The ali file appears to me to be correctly associating map ids with html pages named according to the map id

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I found an answer to my problem. I need to use #define in the map file.

That is, previously where I would use:
MYMAPID 100

I now need to use
#define MYMAPID 100

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp