Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive HTML 5 SSL without web address bar

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

Can anyone help me with removing the web address bar from the responsive HTML 5 SSL.

layout.jpg

On the left is the default HTML 5 and on the right is the Robohelp layout. I need my help file to be a stand alone file as per the Adobe file with no web address bar.

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to be looking at Context Sensitive Help (CSH) calls – BTW, the RH help is a custom skin that only Adobe has

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, can the address bar simply not just be turned off as an option before I generate my SSL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg

As Jeff said, there are precious few ways to make this happen. The help created via the SSL simply opens in a browser. There isn't really a way to generically make it alter behavior of the browser. But if it's context sensitive, you might define a "Window" that would be used by the context sensitive call. And if you do that, you have some options over what gets included as the call references a specific named window with specific characteristics (such as the Address bar)

Hopefully Willam will pop in to advise on this. I might assume the same holds true for Responsive outputs. But I'm not 100% certain.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Rick mentions, the address bar is a browser thing and you can't just turn it off. The only way to do that is to open the help in a popup. (That's what CSH help does to hide the address bar so you get this solution for free with the CSH API.)

It also holds true for Responsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp