• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any change I make to a cold fusion file is ignored

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made some changes to an cf file but they are ignored in all my browsers. I have even deleted the file from the path and that is ignored in any browser and it still shows the original file. I have tried this on 2 different cold fusion servers 9 and 10 with the same results.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

I can think of 2 reasons:

1) Wrong path: The path of the file you are editing is different from the path corresponding to the URL that you are opening in the browser. Verify this. Temporarily rename the file, and see what happens when you open the URL in a browser.

2) Caching: What the browser keeps opening might be a cached version of the page. Launch the ColdFusion Administrator and navigate to Server Settings => Caching. Make sure the option, Save class files, is unchecked. Press the button to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of 2 reasons:

1) Wrong path: The path of the file you are editing is different from the path corresponding to the URL that you are opening in the browser. Verify this. Temporarily rename the file, and see what happens when you open the URL in a browser.

2) Caching: What the browser keeps opening might be a cached version of the page. Launch the ColdFusion Administrator and navigate to Server Settings => Caching. Make sure the option, Save class files, is unchecked. Press the button to Submit Changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Number 2 solved it. It was a caching problem that I was able to clear using CF administrator.   Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear. Please mark the correct answer - your own post if you wish! What is important is that this would help someone else who should come here looking for answers to a similar question. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation