• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command line error with RH 6

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2007 Oct 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported one X5 project to RH 6 and tried to use command line to generate the chm file, but after Scanning finished, a message box pops up with following message "RHCL.exe has encounted a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" Then, RH closed. I can compile this project in RH GUI.

The main reason we upgraded to RH 6 is the command line feature, but now it does not work. I am so sad.

Can anybody here help me with this problem or give me some clues at least.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 31, 2007 Oct 31, 2007
Thanks Peter, Colum, and Harvey.

Finially, I got this problem sovled. :))

First, I used your ideas to find the topic with problem. It took me 2 hours. Not too bad.
Then I scaned in that topic and digged out the sentences that caused the problem in the Truecode view:

<meta name=MS-HKWD content="execution mode">
<meta name=MS-HKWD content="trig">

I removed above sentences, the problem is gone. I can use the command line compiler now.

I don't know how and when these keywords were ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2007 Oct 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't used the command line method but the first thing I would do in your situation is try to compile the file using the wizard. Make sure there is no general issue with compiling the file that way.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2007 Oct 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thanks for your reply.

Could you tell me where I can the wizard.

By the way, I can generate chm file for this project sucessfully in RH6 GUI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2007 Oct 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter was referring to the Single Source Layout wizard but it sounds like you have successfully tried this. This means that the problem appears to be not in the project but in the command line compiler. Can you try creating a new project, creating a single topic and compiling that from the command line? This will prove this theory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2007 Oct 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum, thanks for your suggestion.

If it is a new project with one topic, it can be compiled by command line compiler.

I guess there must be some " stuffs" in my project that the command line compiler cannot handle.

My project has almost 2000 topics so it is hard for me to figure out which topic that causes the problem. Hope someone here has encountered similar problem and known how to solve it.

AGsMM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I would do is create a new topic. Import 250 topics and compile. If it compiles, import another 250. Repeat the process until an error is received. Then remove the last 250 topics (it may help to put them into a folder to identify them) and add 50 of them. Compile and repeat the whole process. You'll see where I'm going to with this. The method will eventually identify the offending topic. Once you've got that, you can look at it's content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easier to copy the project and trash 250, compile and repeat?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on which 250 topics you pick I fear a discussion on whether you get wetter running or walking in the rain! Argument accepted though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a method that guarantees no more than 5 or 6 tries, and often works in three or four, depending on the starting number:

Work with only the first half. If the problem is not there, work with only the second half.

Now that you know which half has the prolem, work with the top half of the bad half.

Similarly, when you determine the quarter with the problem, repeat.

Soon you have narrowed down the list of suspects enough to look at individual topics. Or keep going until you reach the limit for repeatedly dividing by 2. In practical terms here, that's one topic.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, Colum, and Harvey.

Finially, I got this problem sovled. :))

First, I used your ideas to find the topic with problem. It took me 2 hours. Not too bad.
Then I scaned in that topic and digged out the sentences that caused the problem in the Truecode view:

<meta name=MS-HKWD content="execution mode">
<meta name=MS-HKWD content="trig">

I removed above sentences, the problem is gone. I can use the command line compiler now.

I don't know how and when these keywords were added into the project. This project was owned to someone else before. I re-added those keywods in the Index tab. Everything goes well. So there is no impact on my project.

However, I think the command line compiler should be able to handle this kind of "meta" sentence if the compiler in the GUI can do.

Can I think this is a defect of RH6 or it is designed like this, or it is a defect of my project?

AGsMM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I agree it seems illogical that the GUI can accept it but not the command line. Go to the Adobe site and type Wishlist in the search field. You will find a bug and feature request reporting form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp