Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash isn't upgrading

Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to publish a PPT course in Articulate I get a message telling me to install the most recent version of Flash. I have installed the Flash upgrade several times now. However, every time I do, PPT freezes and I can't publish the course, and the cycle continues -- I try to publish, I receive the message that I must upgrade Flash, PPT freezes. I use PPT 2007, am on Windows 7, and use IE8.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Hi Deb,

Have you posted your question on the Articulate community forums?  I'm not familiar with Articulate, googled it (and Flash Player) and found that Articulate had to release an update to work with Flash Player 16 (Articulate Presenter Doesn't Recognize Flash Player 16 | Presenter '13 | Articulate Support).  I don't know if they have to do something similar or not for Flash Player 17.  Here's a post on the Articulate forums from today that seems to be similar to yours: Run Articulate Storyline - Articulate Storyline Discussions - E-Learning Heroes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting IE to default settings. Go to settings-> Internet Options-> Advanced-> Reset

You may need to try updating it one more time after resetting the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - thanks for your response. It still isn't working. Immediately after I reset IE I updated Flash (again).

adobe msg.png

When I tried to open Articulate, here's the message I received. I'm not sure where to turn at this point. . .

message.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating it but not through Articulate. Go to Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

and click the install now/follow the prompts. Let me know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deb,

Have you posted your question on the Articulate community forums?  I'm not familiar with Articulate, googled it (and Flash Player) and found that Articulate had to release an update to work with Flash Player 16 (Articulate Presenter Doesn't Recognize Flash Player 16 | Presenter '13 | Articulate Support).  I don't know if they have to do something similar or not for Flash Player 17.  Here's a post on the Articulate forums from today that seems to be similar to yours: Run Articulate Storyline - Articulate Storyline Discussions - E-Learning Heroes.  Here's a link to the posts on the Articulate community site having to do with Flash Player (listed in chronological order, most recent first): https://community.articulate.com/search?q=flash+player&utf8=%E2%9C%93&search_sort=desc.

To verify if you're running the latest version of Flash Player, go to Flash Player Help and click the 'Check Now' widget.  The latest version, released today is 17.0.0.134.  If you use multiple browsers, you'll want to check all browsers since there are different Flash Player plugins for the different browsers (e.g. ActiveX Control for IE and NPAPI Plug-in for Firefox, etc).

If you do have the latest version installed, but continue to get errors from Articulate the issue is most likely with the Articulate product you're using and I encourage you to go to the Articulate communities, or support, for assistance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH! That worked!

Deb McLean | Learning and Development

HR Global Talent Management

deb.mclean@carestream.com

Office: 585-627-6286 | CNET: 100-6286 | Mobile: 585-329-1623

www.carestream.com

Carestream Health, Inc. | 150 Verona Street | Rochester | NY | 14608 | US

Follow us on Twitter Facebook YouTube EverythingRAD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deb,

For others who may encounter the same issue you are, what worked?  OP Marc and myself posted several different things to try.  It would be great to know which one of these worked.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked the link you provided to upgrade my Articulate Presenter to

Presenter 13. I also upgraded Flash to the most recent version. Thanks

again,

Deb

Deb McLean | Learning and Development

HR Global Talent Management

deb.mclean@carestream.com

Office: 585-627-6286 | CNET: 100-6286 | Mobile: 585-329-1623

www.carestream.com

Carestream Health, Inc. | 150 Verona Street | Rochester | NY | 14608 | US

Follow us on Twitter Facebook YouTube EverythingRAD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for clarifying.

Have a great day.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines