• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't "Remind Me" work in FP 16/17 on Windows XP/7?

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Under Windows XP or 7 (any variety) I installed FP without issue and normal functionality.

However, when a new version of FP is released from Adobe, I am not notified even though that radio button is selected,

both in the installer and confirmed selected in the Control Panel.

I have tried using the Adobe FP uninstaller on all systems and cleanly re-installed with the same result.

This problem is not just limited to FP, but AIR and Shockwave, as well.

BTW - Have 3 Win XP (32-bit) boxes and 3 Win 7 (64-bit) boxes - all with the same issues. Different vendors.

Not *once* have I received an update notification anywhere in Windows.

I need to check every week manually, or use a utility to advise me if the version is old. It's a real pain!

What might be the issue here?

Does the browser have something to do with it?

I mainly use IE and FF.

TIA,

Compumind

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Brian Tuman wrote:

Something wrong with the action of the updater? Nothing ever listed under "Scheduled Tasks.."

That is strange; I have Adobe Flash Player Updater in my Scheduled Tasks (Windows XP).  I will check Windows 7 tomorrow.

I suggest that you perform a clean install (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315) to see if it fixes the problem.

Brian Tuman wrote:

Is there a better way to check when an update is released for Flash/Shockwave/Air?

The first thing I do every morning is to check

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one with this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be a few days after an update is released until that update is *pushed* via the updater.

To avoid the problem, just update manually on the day when an update is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pwillener

Hi. Flash/Shockwave/Air never notify me and/or update on their own - ever on XP or 7.

Is there a better way to check when an update is released for Flash/Shockwave/Air? Seriously.

Like I said, am I the only one?

Something wrong with the action of the updater? Nothing ever listed under "Scheduled Tasks.."

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian Tuman wrote:

That is strange; I have Adobe Flash Player Updater in my Scheduled Tasks (Windows XP).  I will check Windows 7 tomorrow.

I suggest that you perform a clean install (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315) to see if it fixes the problem.

Brian Tuman wrote:

Is there a better way to check when an update is released for Flash/Shockwave/Air?

The first thing I do every morning is to check

Other ways of checking for missing updates are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines