• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the Mac downloadable version of Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro that doesn't require activation

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium, it cost more than €2,000. When I recently tried to re-install it due to having to reformat my hard drive I could no longer activate it over the phone or online.

When I rang the help number it directed me to the downloadable versions that don't require activation. Great! UNTIL I realise Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional is only available for Windows as a download.

Where is the download for the Mac Version as it not included in the bundle either. This is extremely urgent. Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you asked in the forum for Acrobat?

Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that not what I did?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. This forum is for the free Adobe Reader. See the link I posted above for Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[topic moved to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets hope Adobe responds to this asap, there is no link to Acrobat 7 Professional download as it states here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Malcolm the Macintosh version of Adobe Acrobat 7.0 did not include activation technology.  For additional details I would recommend reviewing Activation server shut down for Creative Suite 2, Acrobat 7, and Macromedia products where this topic has been discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Jeff your wrong it did require activation and the page you listed above doesn't state where I can get Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional, I already tried the chat option twice and I have two transcripts from both chat instances, hence my post, can anyone at Adobe help me please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Malcolm can you please post a screen shot of the error message you receive when you attempt to install Adobe Acrobat 7.0 for Mac OS?  You will need to use the original installation files you received Adobe Acrobat 7.0.  You can find details on how to post a screen shot at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I'm in this industry 26 years now, graphics, programming etc......before Adobe products even existed commercially and I'm using Adobe products since they started, instead of wasting time doing a screenshot, I bought hard copies of Adobe Creative Suite CS2 Premium in 2006, which require activation by phone or email...trust me I know. Eventually when you go through all the processes I was guided by the help phone number to the following link:

http://adobe.com/go/activation

which eventually leads to:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html

Now,

This page states what to do, however, at this page Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional in Mac Version is NOT there EVEN THOUGH it states it is, it's neither in the bundles of Disk 1-3, Extras etc....., I have gone through the forum, I spent all day yesterday trawling bundles of topics and threads in the forums to No Avail. So this is where I'm at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Malcolm what error message are you receiving which is leading you to believe you need to active Acrobat 7.  I would recommend reviewing the referenced discussion thread in message #6 as this topic has been discussed previously.

If you are receiving a specific error message when you attempt to install Adobe Acrobat 7.0 you are welcome to update this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the screenshots for Error code: 24:24

error2424.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Jeff, here is the discussion discussed and surprise surprise there are no replies

Error code:24:24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the only solution is to activate offline. CS2 Premium for windows can be activated offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes your right PMK3 it is only available for Windows and does not help me who has paid for my hard copies only to find now that what I bought is no longer fully viable.

Adobe I would like a solution to this problem please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Malcolm are you using the updated Creative Suite 2 installation files offered in message #5 of this discussion.  The volume license Creative Suite installer does not include activation technology.

Error 24:24 indicates that the activation server is no longer available.  This is expected for the Creative Suite 2 installers which is why the volume installation files were offered. 

Do you receive any specific error message when installing Acrobat 7.0 from the CD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff its hard to believe you are actually reading what I wrote, can you actually read what I first wrote, I mean I actually made it very clear and now your going in circles.

I'll start again and I won't be repeating again.

1) I installed from my hard copies I purchased (DVDs)

2) All types of Activation failed.

3) I rang the telephone number which guided to me to the download page to the applications that don't require ACTIVATION.

4) I noticed my Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional (MAC Version) is missing and not available in the NON ACTIVATION VERSIONS.

5) I wrote a thread posted it, it got moved to a more suitable Thread Category and then you said can you post a Screenshot

6) I did that thinking you actually read my post, now I'm guiding you back to my original post. I mean come on read what I wrote.

7) Now I'm back to square one!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Malcom thank you for the clarification.  You are correct the installation files for Acrobat 7 Professional were not provided as they were not affected by the activation server shut down.

You will want to reinstall Creative Suite 2 utilizing the installation files and serial number referenced in message #5, 6, and 9 from this discussion. 

For Acrobat 7.0 Professional you will want to utilize the installation CD you received with your purchase.  If your current computer does not have an optical drive then you will want to copy the files to a USB drive on a Mac computer which does have an optical drive.  I am sorry but I am not aware of any public download links for Adobe Acrobat 7.0.  If you choose to receive a download instead of a CD at the time you purchased Creative Suite 2 then the installation files may be available under your account.  You can find details on how to download purchased software at Find a download link on Adobe.com.

Please remember that Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and GoLive CS2 will need to be installed using the Non-activating/Volume license installer referenced.  Acrobat 7.0 Professional is installed by a separate installer which does not feature or utilize activation technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what you are saying is, use my original DVD installation disk with the new serial number provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Malcom you will want to use your original Acrobat 7 installation CD with the serial number you received with your purchase.  Only a volume license serial number for Creative Suite 2 was provided and that serial number will not be accepted by the Acrobat 7 installation CD.

You can find your registered Acrobat 7.0 serial number under your account at http://www.adobe.com/.  For details on how to locate the registered serial number please see Find your serial number quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats my whole point, it requires activation and it won't work without it, I've tried, hence my screenshot stating the ERROR 24:24 earlier in the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Malcom the error message you posted was for the Creative Suite 2 installer.  Please use the non-activating serial number and installation files available at Download Acrobat 7 and CS2 products.

If you no longer have access to your Acrobat 7.0 Professional installation CD then you will not be able to reinstall Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional on your Mac OS computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I do have access to my installation CD, how else do you think problem occurred. That's how all this started......Jeff. The files you just mentioned also at that link,

I have said a thousand times at this stage DONT CONTAIN ADOBE ACROBAT 7 PROFESSIONAL and MY CD ORIGINAL in the BUNDLE I BOUGHT
DOES NOT WORK WITHOUT ACTIVATION...blah blah blah repeating repeating repeating repeating myself myself FRUSTRATION.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff do you work for Adobe, have they anyone else that help, because now I have spent too much time saying the same thing over and over again here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Malcom I do work for Adobe.  I have investigated and verified that Acrobat 7 for Mac OS does not contain activation technology for previous inquiries on this same topic.  I would recommend reviewing the FAQ I referenced in message #6 of this discussion.  Can you please private message me your Acrobat 7.0 serial number and I will confirm that it is not tied to our activation technology.

I reviewed your account and I only see the Creative Suite 2 serial number registered. If you look at your CD case there will be a Creative Suite 2 serial number and Acrobat 7 serial number.

You can send me a private message by clicking my name and sending the private message through my profile page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines