• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Issues

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get my Adobe Shockwave player to work.  I have an online assignment that requires use of my camera and also prompts me to install Adobe flash player.  I've used it previously with no problems until last week.  I cannot view videos posted on social medias such as Facebook.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain what you mean by:

I cannot get my Adobe Shockwave player to work.

What have you tried and what's not working? Which browser and OS are you using, and what is the version number of the installed plugin/player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My online assignment for American Sign Language requires a camera.  When I click on the tab on this particular site to record, it says this "This feature requires Adobe Flash Player. Please follow this link to install."  Previously I've used this feature without any problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Internet Explorer for Windows 8. I'm not tech savvy so I'm totally lost as to what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet Explorer on Windows 8.x comes with Flash Player preinstalled; you don't need to install it.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Internet Explorer 11 introduces a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines