• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

getadobe(offical download page) does not supply identity information

Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe team (and users)

I recently was given a notification that my flashplayer on my Mac OS X Yosemite was out of date.

so I googled flashplayer and went to the Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions page.

AdobeTrial.JPG

unlike other adobe pages like this one when the identity information of adobe is

provided, the download page does not offer identity information

(i.e. to the left hand side the URL there is an atlas (the world instead of a padlock)

I wanted to just to make sure that I am not the only having this symptom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand your problem, but you landed on the Windows download page (you mentioned Mac OS X).

You can find the download page for Mac OS at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct in observing that this download page is not served over SSL.  It *is* the correct page, and you can verify the cryptographic signature of the installer itself to determine authenticity and integrity.

We're in the process of rolling out new installer technology, which will ultimately all be served over SSL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines