• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash won't load, followed all suggestions in the forum.

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was constantly crashing, so I hard removed it from the computer. Windows 7, not an apple- hate that company!

I've attempted downloading from cnet, directly from adobe, from the help forums for IE and Firefox in the forum suggestions. It does appear in the download folder each time, but won't let me double click it; it disappears when I'm in the beginning of the first click.

Closed all browsers, opened from downloads folder and won't do anything. Can't delete them; message says, "Can't complete this action because the file is open in Adobe Application helper".

I did get the box that said "RUN" a few times, but nothing happens after I click it. That's when I started looking for help. Been trying for over an hour.

Do I need to completely delete all the adobe files and reinstall in a particular order?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give you any useful advice, I'm going to need to know more about your computer and browser:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/5249945#5249945

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I live in Silicon Valley. Have a high paid tech roommate, who ran glary, deleted a bunch of malware and reloaded it for me. Now, I can watch cbs.com on chrome, but still can't watch it on Firefox. Or many facebook videos on firefox. 

I have a Dell Latitude 630, Windows 7 and normally use Firefox. 

Any ideas why flash goes bad so often, it takes 2 hrs to watch a 30 min sitcom? I have to reload and pause throughout watching anything that uses flash. Maddening. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it. 

Ann Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, if it was my personal machine, I wouldn't consider trusting an infected machine again until it had been completely wiped and restored from pristine sources.  If you're seeing generalized, unexplainable performance issues that started around the time you noticed that you were infected, there's a good chance that it's not cleaned up.  The anti-malware and anti-virus packages are trailing-edge defenses, and it's common practice for malware to automatically update itself once it establishes a foothold on a system.  If you're doing anything sensitive (banking, healthcare, etc), you might want to think seriously about a more complete remediation.

That said, here's my take on the video issue specifically:

If video is playing back for a while and then it hangs, it's most likely network bandwidth that's at the heart of the issue, and not Flash itself. 

If you haven't experimented with other browsers (internet explorer, google chrome), it would be interesting to know if they all have the same problem.  Each uses a significantly different version of the Flash plug-in.

You might also want to check out the video troubleshooting guide, below:

Video playback issues

In particular, you should make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics hardware, and that hardware acceleration in Flash is enabled.  If we're not able to take advantage of the purpose-build graphics processor on your system, then we're putting a lot of extra load on the general-purpose CPU by doing the video decoding and rendering in software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I load cbs.com on firefox, I select a show, the page for the show comes up and it remains blank. The problem arose when cbs said to click and run an update. I followed the directions and it never worked again. 

On chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines