Exit

Converting robohelp 6 to version 7 format problems

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2007 Oct 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everybody,
I'm having an issue with my Flash Help file that I upgraded to version 7:

I upgraded my robohelp 6 project to robohelp 7 and got some strange format results. In the editor some of my text with qutoes has an r placed inside of it, ex: ( ”r;History” )which turns to this when I output it, ex:( ”History”).

Also when I'm using dashes they look fine in the editor, ex: (Title –   Enter a short ) but when I output the file I get this, ex: (Title &endash; Enter a short )

This appears to be the code coming out in the text when I output my Flash Help file. Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it?

Thanks a lot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen or heard of it but I searched on rdquor with Google. I suggest you try the same. Maybe something you see will trigger something in your mind about the source of your code or the nature of your content.

I suspect the source of your HTML. How was it created?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pages are created in word and then imported into robohelp html. When it was first imported in version 6 they looked fine, but when the project was converted to version 7 this started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can hazard a guess. If you Google as I suggested it seems that rdquor is some sort of quote symbol. Where smart quotes are used in Word, I have seen that cause problems with the HTML. My guess is that the Word document has some sort of quotes that on import into RH have been translated into what you see, that RH6 could deal with that but not the new editor in RH7.

Look at the code. Can you not use a multip file find and replace tool to fix the code?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Great idea!

I went through and change the code for where the dashes should be using find and replace and it seems the qutoes fixed themselves.

Thanks a lot Peter I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp