• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Home Button

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm attempting to use a Home button in my Webhelp that will return the user to the Default help page. I'm using the same html code that I found in another help system (whose Home button DOES work):

<input TYPE=submit
VALUE=Home
onClick="window.location.href(&quot;introduction.htm&quot;)"

However, when I click the Home button in my help system, it displays a blank page within the existing page. Essentially, I'm seeing 2 blank pages (one "Powered by RoboHelp" message under another). What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks!
Mary Beth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your &quot; is like that in your code, try substituting a single quote like this:

onClick="window.location.href('introduction.htm')"

Hope this helps

In case none else has said this to you, Welcome to the forums.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harvey, thanks for the suggestion....it gives me the same thing though.

MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mary Beth,

A followup:

You might get the topic inside a WebHelp frame inside a WebHelp frame. If that happens, please post back.

Another thought: You can do it more easily by using a regular RH link from the button to the introduction. Just don't select "Open in a New Window."

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harvey, I can't use the regular RH link from the button because when I highlight the button, the Hyperlink icon isn't lit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Woohoo! I just created another button and tried it and it worked...go figure! Must be some leftover Halloween spooks in my system.

Thanks, Harvey.

MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp