Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Priting

Jul 15, 2007 Jul 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have developed online help (webhelp) for a client . The client wants an option to print all the help topics at once to create a training giude.
Is there any option in robohelp which will enable me to print all the topics of webhelp.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 16, 2007 Jul 16, 2007
As Peter says there is a Printed Documentation single source layout. Once you have created it, you could add a link to the .DOC file in your help or even use a custom button in your skin that would open the file and print it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not specifically but you can create a printed version.

Look at the single source layouts and one of them is Printed Documentation. There's a topic on my site about how to do that.

You could add a button to your help to make it possible to print that but I doubt that is what your client really wants. Sounds more like they just want the document.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Actually the client wants to print the entire help contents from WebHelp and distribute it as books to it trainees. so they were asking for a print option where they can print to entire content form webhelp instead of printing individual pages.

sorry for cross posting, only after posting this topic in this section i realised this section was for HTML help and my question was regarding webhelp so i posted the question in webhelp section.
thanks for the reminder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2007 Jul 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Peter says there is a Printed Documentation single source layout. Once you have created it, you could add a link to the .DOC file in your help or even use a custom button in your skin that would open the file and print it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 16, 2007 Jul 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also create multiple Printed Documentation layouts, such as Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc., based on your TOC "books," or based on user-specific functions, etc.

So you could provide a .pdf for the entire book, as well as individual "chapter" or "user" books.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to simply add a button to the toolbar that prints whatever page the user is on without the creator of the online help having to do anything other than just adding a button to the skin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is the HTML Help forum for producing compiled HTML files (CHM). With these files you can specify a print button to be displayed in the window properties. In webhelp you have to add a custom button to the skin and add some javascript to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp