• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a Print Icon to the Toolbar

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a online help for my company's product. I would like to add a printer icon to the toolbar in my online help so that users can click the icon to print instead of using the browser's print. Is it possible to do this? If so, how?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi allen4009 and welcome to the RH community.
What you want is certainly doable with a little javascript. In your skin, create a custom button. In the Action tab enter javascript:Print.Click(); into the "OnClick" field. Generate and test. Viola!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Thank you so much. Perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Not doubting Colum's advice here, but if that fails to work, try grabbing a copy of my Skinny on Skins from my web site (site is linked in my sig line)

My reason for possible doubt is that I recall it's not as simple as just adding a print command as the toolbar action when clicked by the user. Yeah, it printed, but printed the frame the toolbar icon is in. You have to target the frame the topic is in. Unless, of course, your goal is to print the toolbar. In that case you should be fine.

Cheers all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, as you predicted, adding a print button was not as easy as adding javascript:Print.Click(); to the onclick field. It didnt work for me. I went to yoru Skinny on Skins page, but couldnt find the topic. Help!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skinny on Skins > Main Toolbar > Buttons > Add Button to Print the Displayed Topic

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've downloaded RH 10; is it still necessary to manually create a print topic button, or is this available somewhere?

If the former is valid, could you please specify the link to the instructions on your Web site Rick?

Many thanks, Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Not Rick, but I hope that's OK

For WebHelp, you will still need to do it manually. You can use my free Toolbar Scripts for a print button and much more: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/premium-content/webhelp-toolbar-scripts

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Willam for picking up this thread and many thanks for sharing the script.

Best, Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp