• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed Documentation in new TC Suite

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2007 Oct 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm contemplating upgrading from RH6 to the new Technical Communication Suite. Before I install the huge trial s/w package on my one and only PC, I'd like to know if it will allow me to create Printed Documentation in Frame format instead of Word format. I currently use RH to create my content--the only thing I would use the TC Suite for is to improve the format of my printed manuals. Right now, I spend a few hours each time I generate a print document fixing Robohelp-to-Word bugs (e.g., headers, footers, bad table breaks etc); I'm hoping that that process will be simplied by exporting to Frame instead of Word.

Has anyone tested this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TCS suite does not have an ability to output from RH to FrameMaker. As Adobe continue to integrate their products, that would seem a likely feature in the fullness of time, but not yet.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. You just saved me a whole bunch of time. Now, I can go ahead and upgrade to RH7 without having to install and check out the Suite. And to you folks at Adobe who might be listening in, being able to create Frame output from RH would be awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am interested in doing this. So far what I have been able to do is create a Framemaker book and live link it to a RH project. I simply change the FM original and then click update in the enhanced version of RH7. Job done!

Note that the RH7 supplied with the suite can do this, the standalone cannot.

I would also prefer being able to output to an FM book for proofreading topics etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started at this company and inherited 100s of RH files. Being able to go from Frame to RH doesn't provide me with any benefits. Instead, what I was hoping to be able to do was to go from RH to Frame so I could improve the quality of my printed documentation and PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy

If that is what you are interested in, you need to advise the RoboHelp development team. Only by hearing the desires of the masses is it likely to happen. Oh, and they don't visit here in the forums, so they will likely never see it. To advise them, Adobe has created a handy dandy form you can use. And believe it or not, the developers do see these! To visit the form, click here.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Done... Thanks, Rick. Now I just have to hold my breath and wait for Robohelp 8 and Technical Communication Suite 2. And in the meantime, continue fighting the various bugs and limitations of Word....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp