• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4ServiceManager warning on Mac

Participant ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the warning that CS4ServiceManager can't start because Java Runtime 6 is not installed. This is since my update to Yosemite. I gather they removed Java Runtime 6.

My question is: Since I am running CC2014 programs do I still need this CS4ServiceManager? If not, where is it so I can get rid of it? I've done a search and looked in Application Support but I cannot find it.

I do have a Java Applet "EPUB Checker" (which is dated june 2014) that also won't run due to the Java Runtime 6 being missing. Should I reinstall Java Runtime 6 instead? If so where is a good source for that? It won't make other things incompatible will it?

Thanks for any help, comrades.

Sue Campbell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having had exactly the same problem after installing Yosemite in combination with CC2014.

Just removed "com.adobe.CS4ServiceManager.plist" from ..>library>LaunchAgents (you may be asked to use your Mac password) and problem was solved.

(by installing CC2014, a similar file "com.adobe.AdobeCreativeCloud.plist" is added in this folder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Huh. So apparently I asked this same question 2 years ago when I updated to Yosemite, and it must have been resolved somehow then... but here I am again after updating to El Capitan asking the same damn question. I looked for the "com.adobe.CS4ServiceManager.plist" in the Library> LaunchAgents folder that Harriel17552993 mentions above, but it isn't there.

So does anyone know where this thing is and how to get rid of it? Thanks in advance.

Sue

PS: I have InD 2015, and 2014 installed. I just found and removed InD CC, which doesn't run on El Cap apparently. Restarting to see it that was the problem. Update: Nope that wasn't it, still getting the warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines