• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have had problems trying to update to the current version? I have been trying different things and have updated today using the version 17 Flash Player content debugger for Internet Explorer - ActiveX. Question is why should one be able to install this

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look to hearing any comment suggestions as somewhat a novice to this application.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad

I have after going back to the page selected a different downoad option now had the update run through so I wait to see what happens on the next update thanks for your reply well done.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Content Debuggers are for Flash developers.  It contains additional functionality needed for developers to debug there code.  Content Debuggers are not geared towards every day users such as yourself.  Using Content Debuggers will degrade your viewing experience as it will most likely return various types of error dialogs.

What version of Windows are you using?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop i have had the same problem on wok laptop which I can now try the method I used to update the personal laptop.

I get what your saying and take it that having got the update to install this will have overwritten the debug version?
Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Yes, installing the non-debugger version will over-write the debugger version. Only one instance (for each player type, activex for IE, npapi for Safari/Firefox, ppapi for Opera) can be installed at a time.  If you go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click the 'Check Now' button, the results will display which version of the player you have, whether or not it's a content debugger, and the OS version.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION  Your Flash Version  18.0.0.194 (debug version)    Your browser name  Internet Explorer (ActiveX)   Your Operating System (OS)  Windows (Windows 7)  Hi, Maria   as the information shown above, I have ever installed a debugger version, and now I want a normall version, and I download a normal version from adobe web, then install, but it always show debugg version, and shon some logs when using IE11, can you help me to remove the debugg version?(I ever uninstalled the debugger version successfully, but the normal install programm always show debugger version after installed) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 舛仙81098988,

What file are you using to install the non-debug version?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines