• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I fix Error Getting licence key E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using ADE 2 on Windows 7. I downloaded and used one book onto my Nook a few months ago,. Just purchased some more books and can't download them as when ascm is opened I get "Unable do download - Error getting license. License server communication problem. E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12."

The authorise computer option is greyed out on the help menu as well. Also the book I had downloaded now has says "license key is damaged".

I do have internet access and have tried this several times. I've got no firewall software blocking anything. Any ideas what I should do so I can actually use what I've brought!?

Thanks in advance,

Nigel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Two suggestions: either/both/neither may work.   Good luck.

~~~~

ADE 2.0 is very good at getting registrations corrupt.

Try removing all registrations; crtl-shift-D to ADE (cmd-shift-D on Mac).  Respond to prompts.

Restart ADE

Try again to register with the original ID.

~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two suggestions: either/both/neither may work.   Good luck.

~~~~

ADE 2.0 is very good at getting registrations corrupt.

Try removing all registrations; crtl-shift-D to ADE (cmd-shift-D on Mac).  Respond to prompts.

Restart ADE

Try again to register with the original ID.

~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant. Thanks very much sjpt that's what I was looking for. Removed and re-authorised and now it is OK again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!

also fixed error "License key is damaged" when accessing a file that previously worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes - moving to an older version 1.7.2 fixed the issue.

brutal - going backwards from adobe 4 to 1.7.2 resolves the issue ... thanks to comments in the forum the issue is resolved and no thanks to adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent... Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to sort this problem out but the links above to ADE v1.7.2 didn't work, and nor did lots of others.  Finally found one at Adobe Digital Editions Download  that worked. Downloaded it, sorted the problem and it only took a few minutes - Shame it took me about 3 hours of going nuts to find this site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines