Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open button in dialog box when downloading attachment

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2007 Nov 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a .CHM file that contain a link for a PDF attachment. When clicking on the link (via computer A), "File Download" dialog box will be displayed for me to select Open, Save and Cancel buttons. But, when using company B, the "File Download" dialog box will only display Save and Cancel buttons. The Open button is not there.
How can I get the Open button?

Please help.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi msloh and welcome to the RH community. I think you will find that this has to do with the level of security applied on computer B. What I'm less sure about is what security levels need changing. Check out the Internet Explorer security settings and see what the difference is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an addition to my previous comment. Is there a specific need to have the PDF outside of the help file? If not, why not just include it in your baggage files and link directly to it. This would get around any user security settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2007 Nov 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Column,

Thanks for your response.
To answer your query, the PDF file is already in the baggage files.

I couldn't find any difference of the IE security settings for these 2 computers.
FYI, Computer A (installed with Robohelp software) is running on Windows 2000 Server (SP4) and IE version 6 whereas Computer B is running on Windows XP Pro(SP2).
I also noticed a weird behaviour on Computer B where another warning message "Download could not complete!" prompted very often when clicking on the link. It is definitely happened especially if you click the link more than 1 time on the same help file unless you close it and re-open the help file. However, this behaviour never occur in Computer A which I have tried many times.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2007 Nov 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the Windows Security level available from the Control Panel? There may be a setting there that is causing this behaviour on the XP machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2007 Nov 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
yes, had checked on the windows security. It is fine to me.

Be noted that if I download any pdf from yahoo mail, it's perfect. I can see Open button and open the file successfully. Wondering where goes wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp