• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Installer downloads from the Adobe distribution site as a generic file without an extension and the file won't open.

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone.

When I download Flash Player Installer from the Adobe distribution site Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe the file downloads to my hard drive as a generic file with no extension, and Windows can't determine which program to use in order to open/play the file. I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Is there something wrong with the downloaded file? Or am I missing required software?

2015 03 16 Mon 09 35 57.jpg

Thank you for your time,

-Brandon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

I figured out the solution...all I had to do was manually add the ".exe" extension to the filename, and I was able to run the installer. I'm surprised it worked...I really thought there was something wrong with the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the solution...all I had to do was manually add the ".exe" extension to the filename, and I was able to run the installer. I'm surprised it worked...I really thought there was something wrong with the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That really should not happen; are you able to download other .exe files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've never had a problem before. I've even downloaded the Flash Player Install files from the Adobe distribution site on multiple occasions in the past without issue. The only thing I could think of is that perhaps the ".exe" extension was left off to avoid triggering security measures on a computer or private network that would prevent the download.

Anyway, it worked after I added the ".exe" extension to the filename, so I have no complaints!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brandon,

Not sure what happened with the download, but the files posted all have the appropriate file extensions (exe, msi, dmg, etc).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines