Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No WYSIWYG editor

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2007 Oct 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have installed RoboHelp (HTML) successfully. But I am missing the WYSIWYG editor. When I try to open a *.htm file e.g. with the context sensitive menu (it provides the WYSIWYG editor) then the file opens in the TrueCode editor.

I am using RoboHelp HTML X5.0.1 Build 606 on Windows XP Professional.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joerg.z and welcome to the RH community. You need to go to your options (Tools > Options menu item) and click on the HTML Editor tab. There you should find that the "RoboHelp Truecode" is the default editor. Change this to the RoboHelp WYSIWYG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply.

I´m sorry, but the RoboHelp WYSIWYG editor is the default editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in Topic Properties. What is set there?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

General Tab, Attribute "Editor" = RoboHelp WYSIWYG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You started by saying "I have installed RoboHelp (HTML) successfully." I am beginning to question that!

What happens if you double click a topic in Project Manager or the Topic List?

Are all your attempts with one project? If yes, open one of the supplied projects and see what happens there.

Is the project you refer to a new one or one created in an earlier version? Have you got other projects you created?

Is there a tab for the WYSIWYG editor?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge
You started by saying "I have installed RoboHelp (HTML) successfully." I am beginning to question that!
=> I do so too. Well, the install application said so ;-)

What happens if you double click a topic in Project Manager or the Topic List?
=> TrueCode editor opens

Are all your attempts with one project? If yes, open one of the supplied projects and see what happens there.
=> I tried the cuisine example too

Is the project you refer to a new one or one created in an earlier version? Have you got other projects you created?
=> Created with the same version

Is there a tab for the WYSIWYG editor?
=> no there isn´t

I tried on another computer where RoboHelp 5.0.1 is installed too. Everything is allright there. So I´m afraid that version 5.0.2 isn´t the solution.

Then I tried a second install on my computer. But it don´t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hang on! Looks like you have not installed the patch. You should be on 5.0.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have the tab, then something is definitely wrong with your installation. It is not something that I can recall having been posted before.

Is RH being installed with your logon and with admin rights attached?

Is the project on your local drive?

Via my website, email me a screenshot of RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge
If you don't have the tab, then something is definitely wrong with your installation. It is not something that I can recall having been posted before.

Is RH being installed with your logon and with admin rights attached?
=> I´ve installed RH with "run as .." admin while i was logged on with my normal (not admin) user.
=> I start RH with as not admin user

Is the project on your local drive?
=> yes

Via my website, email me a screenshot of RoboHelp.
=> must be there now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked about installing rather than using with admin rights. Get you IT people to give you admin rights just to see if that makes a difference. I'll look at the screenshot shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2007 Oct 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I´ve installed RH beeing logged in with admin rights.
Unfortunately I can´t see any differences.
There are two other points found out.
The first one is the"component 4 not found" message (I send you per mail)
The second one ist that I can´t open RH with my admin user. => In the TaskManager I can see RoboHTML.exe in process tab but in hangs there until I kill it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2007 Oct 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Component 4 is a message that is normally found when people attempt to install other than RH7 on Vista.

Earlier versions are not compatible. There are some threads on the forum about attempts to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2007 Nov 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my biggest problem seems to be:
when my user has admin rights or I use the admin user to open RH, RH did not start. (see previous task)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2007 Nov 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Whats about the Windows Service Pack? We use SP2.
What about Word? We use Word 2002, which is not listed in the install program, so we choose Word XP. I can not choose 2000 or 2003 because RH brings ab a message box "not installed".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp