• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to fix Error found: E_ACT_NOT_READY?, how to fix Error found: E_ACT_NOT_READY?, how to fix Error found: E_ACT_NOT_READY?

Mar 07, 2015 Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E_ACT_NOT_READY

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this problem, you need to deauthorize and authorize ADE again.

Launch ADE

Help -> Erase authorization.

ADE will be deauhorized.

Now again AUTHORIZE ADE

Help-> authorize computer.

Error will be fixed !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  
I am using a Mac. I get this same error.  HOWEVER, your directions DO NOT work.  When I go to "Erase Authorization" I get this message: "Unable to Erase Authorization. Please try after some time."

I have tried several things: completely uninstalled Digital Editions and then Re-installed. Shut down computer. These steps are not working.

How can I erase authorization if it wont let me?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE, follow the below steps:

Mac: Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you So much for the fast response.

I have searched my entire mac and there is no file with the name activation.dat.

There is also NO Library folder under my Users...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have about 100 other files with the .dat extension, but absolutely NONE that are called activation.dat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, try the following way to access activation.dat:

1. Go-> Go to folder.

Go to folder dialog will appear.

2. Type   ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions

drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

Hope this works !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked great. Found .dat file this way. Trashed it then re-authorized. And voila....!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this answer to work for a Mac:

"A few months ago I changed my Adobe ID and password. Fast forward to now and I'm having the same prob as everyone else. Here's what worked for me:

1. Go to the Finder menu.

2. Hold down the Option key and select Go. This reveals the hidden user library.

3. Select Library.

4. Go to Application Support -> Adobe -> Digital Editions and delete the file named “activation.dat”

5. Now one can reauthorize Adobe Digital Editions."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything that everyone has suggested (including trashing ADE 4.0 and installing 3.0) and ran into the same problems.  Then I spent two hours chatting with an Adobe chat room person who finally gave up on me because my computer skills are those of someone born during World War II.  That is probably because I was born during World War II. Then based on I don't know what I de-authorized my computer (not the de-authorize ADE path that has been suggested) and then re-authorized it, and problem solved.  I have nothing more to add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same problem and I also do not have a folder "..Digital Edition". So I cannot put any file into trash. I also try to chat with Adobe an I got the answer that I have to ask the community for that.

Digital Edition is not in the chat support. I really angry. What a support. No one can help and you can not load any book on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this helps.

A few months ago I changed my Adobe ID and password. Fast forward to now and I'm having the same prob as everyone else. Here's what worked for me:

1. Go to the Finder menu.

2. Hold down the Option key and select Go. This reveals the hidden user library.

3. Select Library.

4. Go to Application Support -> Adobe -> Digital Editions and delete the file named “activation.dat”

5. Now one can reauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much for supplying the fix to my Mac - unable to deauthorise-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This fixed my problem!

NOTE: After following those steps, it still said my computer was authorized. I closed ADE and relaunched and upon relaunch, it gave me the option to authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me and fixed me thank you for taking the time to show me the way to solving this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the E_ACT_NOT_READY on Win10.

I used Zinstall Pro to move all my applications from my crashed PC's drives to my new laptop. All the other program work except Adobe Digital Edition won't load the only book I purchased - gives the error above. It will load "Getting Started" book.

The options I have under "Help" are

(  i) Authorization Information

( ii)  Adobe Digital Editions Help - which is useless as they didn't help but sent me here

(iii) Authorize computer  --  which won't show anything or turned off.

"Authorization Information" say my laptop is "authorized".

What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close all applications.
Choose Start > Run.
In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
Select the Adept key.
Choose File > Export.
In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
Close the Registry Editor.
Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nanaky, thank you so much. IT WORKED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muito obrigado! Ajudou muito.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I reauthorize my ADE, will I lose all the books I have saved there?  Is there any way I can back them up before I reauthorize?  -- All of you who reauthorized, did you lose any saved items?  Eleanor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me with my adobe editions version 4.5.8? I'm on a Mac. When I try and drop a book from the library into Adobe Editions I get the following message:

E_ACT_NOT_READY

I am unable to Unauthorize the account, I've tried and it won't allow me to do it. What now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have deauthorized and re authorized also but still I am unable to open acsm file on my mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pouvez-vous faire en sorte que je puisse utiliser "Adobe Digital Éditions 4.5.1.2"?

Merci pour votre aide,

Rolland Grenier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines