Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player Problems

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So, for the last week or so I've had this issue with Adobe Flash Player and while there were times where I temporarily fixed it, it's not fixing this time. I've tried restoring my computer, I've try uninstalling and re-installing. I've tried everything on this list: Flash Player games, video, or audio don't work | Windows  For Chrome as that is my main browser of choice. With back ups of Firefox and if need be Internet explorer (mind you I cannot play videos on those browsers either!). I'm at the end of my wits. I also can't watch videos or listen to music in iTunes (I assume the two are associated because those problems didn't start till Adobe's problem).

My Computer Specs:

Windows 8.1
1TB Harddrive

Processor: Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz

12 GB RAM

64-bit Operating system

This is a laptop, this laptop is not more than a year old. I got it around June/July of 2014. But honestly it's still pretty new. I've done a factory reset and I've had this problem since after that reset. I don't think it's my computer. I've scanned my computer several times, I am assuming this is either on Adobe or Chrome...one or the other and I'm just looking for a fix.

When I try to play a video on YouTube, the video does not start at all, it pauses. I've also gotten the "Shockwave plugin has crashed". Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Shockwave Player forum; your question should be asked in the Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to put it there for some reason Flash Player didn't show up. 😕 I'm also having problems with Shockwave crashing when I want to load a certain page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having to install Flash Player once, sometimes twice a day.  Otherwise, it will freeze up my computer and nothing using Flash will work.

I get the message about a script not working.

I have Firefox 36.0.1

Windows 8.1

Flash Player 17x32_mssd

This never happened with Windows 7.  What is going on?

I've tried uninstalling it and re-installing it.  Doesn't matter.  Now I just keep the file on my desktop and re-install it as needed (once or more a day).  That is insane!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines