• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.0 will not allow me to download books to my library: "Error! Check Activation."

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to download a book from ADE 4.0 to my library I receive this message: "Error! Check Activation." I have removed ADE from my computer and reinstalled and also unaurhorized it and then authorized it. But the problem persists. How can I correct this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE, follow the below steps:

Mac: Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Windows:

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Right-click the Adept

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same issue! So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this problem, you need to deauthorize and authorize ADE again.

Launch ADE

Help -> Erase authorization.

ADE will be deauhorized.

Now again AUTHORIZE ADE

Help-> authorize computer.

Error will be fixed !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, when I attempt to deauthorize ADE I get the message: "Unable to erase authorization," and am asked to try again later, which I do with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE, follow the below steps:

Mac: Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Windows:

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Your authorization will be deleted.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Reference:

https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/error-e_act_not_ready.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! By following these instructions I was able to finally download my book to my ADE library. I will keep these instructions on file in case the problem pops up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reached the point that says delete on my Windows. It will not let me click the delete button. What do I do now!

Erin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close ADE , and then try to delete the entry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is working. I need to open this book to study for an exam that is coming up. Please give me a contact number. I can not continue to only get one response/suggestion per day. I have been trying this for days with no progress.

Erin Pendziwol

el.pendziwol@gmail.com

604-346-9537

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to call your help number and it said phone support is not available for this product. However on the website it says that is should be available within the first 90 days of installing it. Unfortunately the textbook I purchased can only be opened on Adobe digital edits, otherwise I would have given up a long time ago. This is terrible service.

I just do not know what else to do. I have tried everything suggested and nothing works.

Sent from Surface

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I think you are not able to delete the registry entry as mentioned in my previous post.

If this is the case, then run regedit with Administrator rights.

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines