Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back and Forward Buttons not working in published WebHelp Window

Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I'm currently working on a help project and have found that the circular back and forward buttons aren't working when navigating my way through the maze of different topics. I'm sure this will cause some frustration for its users. I'm not sure what the problem is - is there an actual option in the project to activate this seemingly basic feature? My layout is WebHelp.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vince6048 and welcome to our community

See if the link below helps anything. Hopefully it will!

Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2007 Nov 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that information Captiv8r!

Unfortunately, I don't actually intend to create a browse sequence for my project as the help topics are meant to be read and found independently from one another.

It seems then that there's really no Back/Forward functionality (one that is comparable to the back/forward buttons in a typical web browser) in the mini-navigation bar for WebHelp layouts.

Perhaps there's another solution?

- Vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2007 Nov 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vince

Well, way back when I recall cracking the code to make these beasties behave just like browser back and next buttons. If you are interested, hop over to my site at http://www.robowizard.com and grab a copy of my Skinny on Skins file. The steps are documented inside the file.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2007 Nov 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks again Rick!

Appreciate your prolific knowledge - I've found what I was looking for in the .CHM and will give this suggestion a shot.

great website by the way :)

- Vince

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp