• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am unable to install Adoble flash?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues installing Adobe Flash onto my Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.2? I never have encountered this issue. I have receive an error icon at the end. I am also unable to install Adobe reader and unable to view PDF forms sent to my e-mail. Ive done everything on the FAQ forums, i have also tried calling ADOBE they say they weren't any help to their free products?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

@kimc13191484 and @Wojtek P

If your issue is the same as the OP (installation failure with "Error: General Installation Error"), please provide the following:

• OS version
  • FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file located at /Users/YourUserID/Library/Logs using the instructions here How to share a document

This will enable us to further troubleshoot the installation error on your particular system. 

If your issue is different, please provide specific details on your issue and a screenshot (How to post a screenshot in the forum

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already did that several times yesterday and today? A little more help,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a screenshot of what you see: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 7.54.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please provide the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file located at /Users/YourUserID/Library/Logs using the instructions here How to share a document.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they fixed the html and it went ok after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by this although i tried to download the flash again and same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to open your instructions although unsure what you're asking I currently have no flash installed on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In order to further diagnose the installation failure, we need to look at the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file.

If you don't see the /Library folder in your user directory, it's most likely hidden (Apple does this by default). In that case, you can obtain the log file using the Console app.  Open the Console app (/Application/Utilities/Console.app).  The left side will list a bunch of files.  Look for the requested file (you many need to click on the arrow next to a directory name to expand the directory contents). Once you find it, right-click and select 'Reveal in Finder'.  Finder will open to the directory containing the log file.  Please use theHow to share a document instructions to send the file.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Unfortunately, the file you posted is emtpy (0 kb in size) and doesn't contain any information.  Based on the screenshot you posted, it should contain some information.

Have you ever been able to install Flash Player on this machine in the past, or is this a new machine and you are attempting to install Flash Player?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everything was working great, prior to and i followed instructions that stated to uninstall all adobe programs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi perlam72202013,

You can try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems section.  If it also fails, please provide the previously requested FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file so that we can troubleshoot the installation failure.

--

Maria

{edited with URL to Mac install help page, entered Windows by mistake}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this over 10 times Ive tried everything listed on those instructions for MAC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is this a new machine that you purchased with OS X 10.10 already installed, or did you upgrade from a previous version OS X version to OS X 10.10?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I UPDATED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same problem, multiple reloads, and same errors as everyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wojciech Palmowski wrote:

I am having same problem, multiple reloads, and same errors as everyone else.

And yet, nobody is providing their install log files, so Adobe can investigate what is causing the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GetFlash page isn't coming up correctly for windows either.

Specifically, Mozilla Seamonkey, not internet explorer, have tried the link from the updater as well as going to adobe's site directly.

Same, text page appears no matter how I arrive at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am quite upset that they do not offer customer service via telephone especially when so many people are having this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kimc13191484 and @Wojtek P

If your issue is the same as the OP (installation failure with "Error: General Installation Error"), please provide the following:

• OS version
  • FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file located at /Users/YourUserID/Library/Logs using the instructions here How to share a document

This will enable us to further troubleshoot the installation error on your particular system. 

If your issue is different, please provide specific details on your issue and a screenshot (How to post a screenshot in the forum) of the installation window displaying the error code, or unexpected behaviour.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to be the bearer of opposing opinions, but I used the stand alone installer, and it worked fine. Just for those who missed it, the link is here: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

I have MacOS 10.10.2 Yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me too thanks guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines