• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Restart MovieClip with stop animation in a Main Timeline Looping Animation

Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AS3 Guys,

I need help with my flash work regarding the looping animation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem Case: I have Main Timeline which is a looping animation, within the Main Timeline there is movieclip named "MC" ( inside the movieclip timeline, I put stop(); so that the movieclip will not play automatically within the main timeline and wait for the animation to be finished ), but the problem is when the 2nd iteration of animation, the movie clip stops and doesnt restart its animation.

Note:

The total length of animation is 11secs @ 18FPS with a total of 199Frames

The movieclip is a only part of the main animation that had own animation itself.

I need AS3 code.

Question: How do I restart the movieclip animation in every iteration/loop of the main timeline animation. What am I going to do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried some sample on the internet but no one works for me. Any answer would be great help. Thanks!

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know that I can understand your problem, but if you need the animation to continuously loop, then do not put a stop(); in its timeline.  If you need it stopped at the beginning of something, use a targeted stop() command in the main timeline, as in:

yourAnimation.stop();

That way, there is not stop() command inside the animation that will make it stop when it is supposed to loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like your main timeline loops

and the main timeline has a movieclip that is also supposed to loop, just not the first time that the main timeline plays to the end

is this correct? if so, one possible solution could be:

1. remove the stop() from yourMovieClipAnimation

2. add this to the main timeline in frame 1:

var firstTime:Boolean = true

yourMovieClipAnimation.gotoAndStop(1)

3. then in the last frame:

if(firstTime){

firstTime = false

yourMovieClipAnimation.play()

}

gotoAndPlay(2)

i say (2) because you dont want to reset the firstTime variable back to true if you goToAndPlay(1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or is it more like this:

your main timeline loops

and the main timeline has a movieclip that is also supposed to loop, but not until the main timeline loops

is this correct? if so, one possible solution could be adding this to the main timeline in frame 1:

MC.gotoAndPlay(1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I have the same problem. Now it works fine with your code! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines