Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 incompatible with IE11

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've read the posts regarding the problems with TOC, Index and Search not appearing in IE11. I installed a fix (for RH10)  which made the TOC appear, but Search and Index were still unavailable in the generated Online Help. The problem is, I'm using RoboHelp HTML Version 7 (update coming soon...but not soon enough, unfortunately) and am experiencing the same problems. If I use 'Emulation' and change the settings to IE10, the tabs work as normal. However, this is obviously not ideal - does anyone know of a fix for RH7?

Many thanks,

Elaine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If using the fix that came out for RH10 isn’t working for your output, then I think that just put the finishing touch on your argument for an upgrade ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only workaround I can think of is to add a header to all your output files forcing IE11 to run as IE10. See: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff966528%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

As Jeff already mentioned, upgrading is the only way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much, William - we are going to go for this solution as a one-time work-around. This forum is invaluable  - thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff - the upgrade is a given (finally!), but unfortunately won't be implemented in time for an upcoming release - but William's workaround is going to do the trick this one time. Thanks for your prompt answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp