• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Installer stalls after downloading. Blank black screen on installer.

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I Cntrl Alt Del to close the non functioning installer an "installation helper" pops up, then they both close. I am trying to go from 16.0.0.305 to 17 on a Windows 7 laptop running the latest Firefox. I have Silverlight plug-in enabled. I have not deleted the 16 version. Tried from two different downloaders but I get the black screen at the same point each time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

I m not sure if you have tried the following Adobe link.

Restart your computer to stop any Adobe process that you may have running.

Go to the bottom of the page where it says "Still having problems" and try the installer for Firefox.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I m not sure if you have tried the following Adobe link.

Restart your computer to stop any Adobe process that you may have running.

Go to the bottom of the page where it says "Still having problems" and try the installer for Firefox.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had tried that one earlier and it failed, but just tried it along with your reboot suggestion and I now have version 17 installed - thanks! The version 16 ActiveX that installed at the same time as the Flash Player 16 is still installed. When I tried to uninstall it, the program asked if it should uninstall Flash Player, so I said no. Don't I need to get rid of that old ActiveX version, since the Flash Player 16 is insecure? If so, how do I do that without messing up the 17 I just installed?

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. You might want to save the Adobe link I provided as a Favorite (or a Desktop shortcut) in case you need it in the future.

2. To uninstall Flash Player 16: Click on Start, then Control Panel, (make sure View is set to Large Icons), then click on Programs and Features.

You should be able to see both Flash Player 16 and Flash Player 17 listed in the list of programs.

Click on Flash Player 16 and then click on Uninstall at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines