• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error ! Check activation

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I buy a book and when I download it, I get an URLLink.acsm files. When I want to open it, ADE gives a message "Error ! Check activation"

What does I do ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

This means that your new e-book is DRM protected. You probably need to authorize the device you want to view the book on. To do that, you need an Adobe ID. Since you are posting in these forums, you already have Adobe ID.

1. Start Adobe Digital Editions.

2. Press Ctrl+Shift+U.

3. Follow onscreen instructions.

I am assuming you are a Windows user. Is that correct? For a Mac, the keyboard shortcut should be Cmd+Shift+U. You can of course also go to the program menu Help, and then "Authorize Comptuer".

Have you been reading the book on any other device yet? There are different "eBook vendors". If you got your book from Google, then I suggest you use your Google account to authorize your computer via Adobe Digital Editions, and not your Adobe ID.

2015-02-27-233406.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. My computer was already authorized to read the book. I've already download ohters ebooks before and didn't have any problem. The only difference is the Adobe Digital Edition's version. Before, I have ADE v2.? (Sorry, I don't remember) and now I have the 4.03 version.

So I can't download the ebook 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have the same problem with the 4.03 version. I´ve tried use crtl+shift+U and nothing happens. My device is a wibook from inves, i´m running windows 7. What an i do? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this problem, you need to deauthorize and authorize ADE again.

Launch ADE

Help -> Erase authorization.

ADE will be deauhorized.

Now again AUTHORIZE ADE

Help-> authorize computer.

Error will be fixed !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but when I go to de-activate it tells me "unable to erase - try again after sometime". Well I waited 2 days - and I still get the message - Help!mess

I also got the error! Check activation message - tried the ctrl shift u - it did nothing for me either..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE, follow the below steps:

Mac: Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Windows:

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Your authorization will be deleted.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Reference:

https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/error-e_act_not_ready.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!!!, you solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that didn’t work for me – but I’ll have my husband try again tonight – he is better with computers than I am. I’ll keep you posted and I appreciate your help.

Thanks - Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried for ! two days and you save me

thanks a lot !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok – my husband tried and he got farther than I did – he was able to re-authorize, but even after re-authorizing when we go to open a book we still get the Error! Check activation message…

Any other ideas??

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please deauthorize and authorize using latest version of ADE (4.0.3)

Thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve tried several times and I still get the unable to deauthorize error that I got before…. ☹

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I posted a similar problem before I checked this posting (oops!).  Anyway, this seemed to solve my problem of "Error: Check Activation".  Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I cannot find this registry key. I'm using Windows. Digital Editions tells me that my Computer is authorized already, but I'm not able to erase authorization. What can I do? Any idea?

Thanks a lot for answering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please download the latest ADE 4.0.3.117585

http://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html

Launch ADE

Help -> Erase authorization.

ADE will be deauhorized.

Now again AUTHORIZE ADE

Help-> authorize computer.

Your error will be fixed.

Thanks for being the part of product improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already installed this version of Adobe Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem as nicolep... and bertafw

I allready installed the latest version of ADE, I made every manipulation shreya wrote, but I always recieve the same message "Error! check activation"

Help me PLEASE, I become crazy with this software !

Thank U !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not certain I can help you. Note that the terms "authorization" and "activation" are used interchangeably. You followed Shreya'a steps, if using Windows you ran Regedit and deleted the cited key (folder) entitled "Adept". Now start ADE 4 and look on the Help menu. If the "Authorization Info" menu item is greyed out, ie. disabled, then you have successfully removed your existing authorization and so the message "error check activation" is truly correct and expected. You of course have to go back to that Help menu and choose "Authorize this machine/device". Be sure you know your correct Adobe ID and password.

Yeah this danged software drove ME totally bazonkers for a couple/three days. I was at wits end. And when the problem finally got resolved I didn't even know how or why it finally got working again. Post again with any new information or error messages received and BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!! I can solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx a lot! You are the only one who really helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there is no erase autorization option for me to click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to delete in regedit screen but wont let me authorize.  same error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines