• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.0.3 stopped working, Windows 8.1

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Adobe Digital Editions Feb 27, 2015.  Worked fine. Had 3 books checked out and open in it.

Didn't access it for a few days, now it won't open.

Uninstalled.  Reinstalled.  5 times.  (checked to see if there were any files that were left manually; moved the files that were in "My Documents" to a different folder and deleted that folder as well.)

Re-downloaded from Download | Adobe Digital Editions -- reinstalled.  Still nothing.

It seems to install.  I have the icons.  I click on them -- screen flickers.  Run the .exe as administrator, screen flickers, ADE doesn't open.

What info do I need to place here for someone to be able to give guidance?

Thank you.

Stumped And Lost

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart your machine, and then try to open ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shreya,

thank you for the response.

I have done that (restarted my machine and try to open ADE) ... numerous times.

I certainly appreciate the suggestion.  Do you have any other thoughts or guidance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone on a Windows machine having this issue --  after searching for what seems to be hours (and a few days) on this forum board, I've finally found a response that works, with a limp.

I've had to switch to ADE 3.0, unauthorized my computer, and reauthorize it.

The thread that assisted me was here:

I've just bought an ebook but I can not open it because ADE says "Error! Check Activation".

The specific response that assisted me was this:

"When you uninstall 4.0 and install 3.0 you will have to deauthorize and then reauthorize your account and reader (CTRL+SHIFT+D) and it should work. This saved me a lot of anguish.

You can find the old versions here: Adobe Digital Editions downloads‌"

When I had ADE 3.0 open, I utilized the CTRL+SHIFT+D, which took me to a dialogue box that allowed me to "de-authorize" simply;

Then, I clicked on the Help pull-down menu, followed by a click on "Authorize this computer".

I'm now up and limping along able to access the two books that are about to have to be checked in.

For Adobe's information, I am still unable to "re-activate" ADE 4.0.3 -- and that's after adding all .exe's to my Firewall exceptions; among various other advanced attempts to resolve the issue.  Is anyone from the "official team" going to be working on this?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines