• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

datetime fields in custom web app won't store time data

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only just began working on BC, and have found some more 'simple' things to frustrate me.  1 of which is datetime fields within a web app.  For example, i have a web app, which has as series of custom fields, tracking the datetime of certain events through a process along with other details.

However i have struggled to save the date and time into fields of type datetime.  Given the field type, i would assume that the field should be able to save a date and a time into a datetime field.  I have tried to store dates in the format '01-MAR-2015 09:45' and also the UTC counterpart '2015-MAR-01 09:45:00 GMT+0000' but either way doesn't seem to work either.

Can anyone confirm whether i can actually save a time into a datetime field on a web app, and the format in which i need to submit data to make it work.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the BC output now has a date time stamp the BC engineers have not yet updated forms etc to support the time aspect. They have noted this from people though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H‌owever frustrating this is, thanks for your response Liam, I feared that may be the case.  it's kinda quirky that we have the ability to read the time from a date only field.

is there a timeframe for implementing this.

is the best work around to convert all datetime fields to a string and store datetime in there ?

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have ONLY JUST got this feature of the date time stamp and liquid filter to control dates. BC have not given a timeframe on this. BC unfortunately only ever does 70% of a feature and will often miss the core things that you need to make it useful or in many cases useable, that or leave a bug in making it not useable for years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines