• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using OS X 10.9.5 and Flash Player 12.0.0 for Safari. Getting "Flash out-of-date." What to do?

Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After getting blank screens doing Adobe install updates, I uninstalled Flash Player and reinstalled successfully using macromedia offline installer.  Still getting out-of-date message and no video.  Is 12.0.0 the current version?  I'm getting nowhere reinstalling and wondering whether I have a problematic setting in Preferences.

adobe flash player internet plug-ins.jpg

adobe flash player critical security issues.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DanP try this, it worked for me:

Essentially the online installer, which you're using downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  For some reason, the download is failing.  Please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for getting back to me. I was able to install Flash Player level 17 with help from my son by clicking the button for showing downloads at the top right corner of the Install Adobe Flash Player window and installing that version.

For whatever reason, all my previous attempts had been attempts to install old levels that no longer work (levels 13 and 14 were in my downloads folder). Anyway, in 5 minutes I was done. I didn’t have to muck with anything in Preferences or in the Downloads folder.

Hope this makes sense.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines