• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! I am in a site that keeps telling me that I must install Adobe Flash Player before it will allow me to go further but my computer says that it is installed. What do I do?

Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is wrong with my computer or is it the program site that I am in? It keeps telling me that I must install Adobe Flash Player but Adobe says it is installed and up dates do not apply. Help because I cannot go further on the site that I am on and it is a secure site that I have used many times in the past.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem i'm having !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What browser are you using? So you have a website pulled up and it is a full screen flash player trying to play or is it a area of the page with a player claiming on the player to install flash?

Check out this link:  Flash Player Help‌

1. Test your Flash Player for versions to make sure nothing happened with that link. If Adobe's Flash Player test through this link says your player is working and up to date then,,,

2. Check your add-ons or extensions, depending on the browser for what they are called. Make sure Flash Player extensions are enabled. That allows it to play within a webpage.

3. Check your Flash Player settings itself. There are settings where you restrict, approve, and so on in different ways. The link I shared with help guide you.

4. Check parental settings. My son plays on this parental control software that always restricts the Flash Player with his games, or videos on Disney, Nick, and other channel websites.

5.I used to have a computer that claimed this all the time. It drove me crazy. I found out for that computer that it did not like an update so I uninstalled and reinstalled flash player. I made sure the Adobe page showing the Flash Player was reinstalled correctly came up, then closed all my browser pages, then reopened to make sure not permission spot popped up to ok for future use.

Let me know if this helps. If not, share your computer and browser type.

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines