Enthusiast ,
Nov 05, 2007 Nov 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* RH 6
* Vista
* HTMLHelp (.chm) output

Howdy all,

In one of my smaller projects images aren't getting included into my final .chm file. I'm not sure why. But sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. But it seems to only be happening with this one file. On other projects images are fine. So something must've gotten tweaked somewhere.

Aren't all images included by default? We shouldn't have to add them to the baggage files, right? (Interestingly enough, if I add an image as a baggage file it DOES show up in the compiled file, at least in the one test I did.)

Ideas of what might be causing this and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

Jared

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 06, 2007 Nov 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect some bad code under the covers, perhaps due to how the image was inserted/pasted/copied, whatever...

Any chance you could post the TrueCode for one that doesn't work?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also try and save images as gifs then re-import into you project. This will give you a cleaner insertion than for example, pasting an image in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks All. The code was fine and images were already as .gif files (no copy pasting of images here). I don't know what the problem was, but while trouble shooting, I deleted the .cpd file and restarted the project. I think the .cpd file was corrupted somehow. Anyway, after reloading the .xpj it recreated my .cpd file. The project then showed that a lot of my TOC became unlinked from their topics. So I re-imported those broken links and now images are showing up again. I just wonder what caused the problem in the first place...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
...a backup of sewer gases?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp