Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot download or install

Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have win 7, 64 bit computer using IE 11. I am not able to download any version of adobe FP from adobe . When I click "download", I get an initializing bar which either stalls or eventually shows "if download does not start, click here". That brings up a help page which states "When File Download dialog box appears, click Run. Security scan will run automatically." but no download box appears. That is as far as I can get.

Need help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page, in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply. unfortunately, it did not work. However, I did get it downloaded following your instructions. I clicked to install. came to a window requiring all browsers to be closed. closed all browsers. Installation started and appeared to be installed. however, I can not find the installed program to open it. I still cannot use any graphics pages. I again went to “Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows” link and clicked “Have you checked if Flash Player is already installed on your computer?” I clicked “check now” and got “Sorry, Flash Player is either not installed or not enabled.”

what next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

Flash Player works in the browser, to view Flash content.  There's not a separate program that you open separately, unless you have SWF files that you want to view, then you'll need to download the Flash Player Projector from here, Adobe Flash Player - Downloads‌, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Many sites use the User Agent string to identify the OS and browser to display content.  Microsoft has been modifying the IE 11 user agent string, to identify itself as other browsers, instead of IE.  This causes problems with viewing web content that may not be coded according to what Microsoft is identifying IE as.

Please try one of these troubleshooting pages:

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria: Thanks for your help. I tried all of your suggestions but still could not get FP working in IE. I was just about to go to MS forums to see if I could get some more options. But first, I decided to play around with the current. After doing several changes and tweaks. I checked again and FP was working. I shutdown, I waited over night to see what would happen on a fresh boot. it is still working today. I think we can consider the problem fixed although, I really have no idea which tweak worked. Again, many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Glad it's working for you now, unfortunately, we don't know which tweak did the trick.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines