Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Need help with repeating Subforms on the next page

Level 2

I have created two different flowable repeating subforms, for example - subform1 and subform2 in a document with an action button for each to add another subform on the next page.  After subform2, I have two buttons - one to add subform1 again or add subform2 on the next page. When I click the button, Livecycle adds the new subform as commanded but the subform is added directly after the previous same subform not on the next page as requested.  I have tried to change the pagination settings but nothing seems to work.  Can anyone help me define how to get the repeating subform to add to the next page and not after the same subform?

6 Replies

Level 7

Well, this may mess up a LOT of other things on your form, but you could add a conditional break. For example, this conditional break will cause the page to break for every subform2 after the first one. That will keep the first subform2 behind your subform1. (Presuming nothing else is going to push it off of the page.)

742890_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

Thank you for the response.  Tried this and unfortunately, it did not work.  It still placed the second occurrence of subform1 directly after the first occurrence of subform1 rather than after subform2 where the ADD button was located. Any other suggestions?

Level 7

A clarifying question, then. Are you wanting to click a button to add either subform1 or subform2, then that subform appears after what is already there?

Something like:

Subform1

Subform2

Subform1

Level 2

Yes, exactly - I want to be able to add either subform1 or subform 2 next and have it appear on the next page.

Level 7

OK, so here's what I would do.

1. Wrap your subform1 and subform2 in a subform. I'll call it sfMaster.

2. Change your minimum instance for subform1 and 2 to 0 or uncheck the box, and set the initial count to 1. (That way you get at least one of each when we start.)

3. have the buttons create a new instance of sfMaster, then remove the instance of the subform you didn't want within that most recent instance.

So, what the user sees is a new subform1 or 2 each time they hit a button. And they'll appear in whatever order they choose it. The user doesn't have to know that what is actually happening is the creation of a new "master" subform that holds both subform1 and 2.

To help illustrate what I mean, I've added a pink border around sfMaster and colored subform1 and 2.

743289_pastedImage_0.png

Binding options for Subform2 (Subform1 would be similar)

743290_pastedImage_1.png

What it looks like in action

743295_pastedImage_3.png

If you want to guarantee it appears on the next page, you'll need to add the conditional break from earlier. Keep working with it to get the settings just right. You may even want a docReady() event that creates two sfMaster's and sets one to have Subform1 and the other to have Subform2.

Level 1

This is similar to what is happening to me:

LiveCycle, flowable text does not push the subform below it down, it flows over it.