• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player will not download. freezes and stops. Was previously on PC. Updates will not download.

Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody have a reason this is happening? Or I should say not happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 16.0.0.305 and trying to update to 17.0.0.134 with Windows 7 64 bit, just did the recent Windows updates and all the Flash Player update does is show the 'initializing' after clicking the install button, then the next window of 'if you encounter any problems during download - click here'.

I do not get the file download dialog box.

Using Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17691

updated versions 11.0.17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that your problem was resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, I did not resolve my problem. I see andys link to the downloading the installer directly and thought of un-installing Flash Player and re-installing. Also thoughts of any other bug associated with numerous different elements, such as Flash version, Explorer version, or other computer problems.

My problem is that the machine I was trying to update is not able to re-connect to an internet connection till later today, or next week, and even at that, might not even be able to try to update for a month. So, by that time there might be another Flash update that works as all the previous, or a Windows update that allows the update, or something else that occurs - lots of variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can appreciate your situation as well. I tried Andy's link and the best I could do was go to a updated browser, but to no avail. If Flash Player was even in my list of programs on add/remove I would try to remove it and re-install on the net. But it is not. I'll never know what happened to it. I did have a virus so maybe that removed it when the virus got deleted. At the present I have given up and set the computer aside. I have a good experienced computer repair person and even he could not resolve the issue. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I think there are two different issues being reported here.

@michaels32067570

What OS are you running?  Please provide more detailed information on your issue, preferably as stated here Read Before Posting: How To Get A Useful Answer To Your Question.

@dummergold

I'm sorry, I really do not understand what your issue is.  Your first post indicates an issue with downloading the online installer, which requires an internet connection to download/install.  User andys75622553 provided a link to the offline installer, which does not require an internet connection to install.  You're response to andys75622553 is a bit confusing.  Please restate your issue in a clear manner, preferably as stated here Read Before Posting: How To Get A Useful Answer To Your Question

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS is Windows XP. Used to have Adobe flash on it, but somehow it disappeared. When notified by Adobe Flash for an update it will only go so far on its download but then no further Dialog download box never shows any activity whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please provide a screenshot (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933) of the installation dialog exhibiting the behaviour described?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give it a try, but no guarantees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria; I know of no way to get that image to you. I have tried but there is no "copy" on that image. After clicking "run" twice the image that comes up is a rectangular box that says in the upper bar of it "adobe flash player installer" The rectangle is black. there is no information in it or notification of any kind or definition of progress of any kind. The image will stay that way for hours. Black and Blank. Thanks Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

Perhaps I can help you get the screenshot posted for Maria.

When you click on the link that Maria gave you for providing a screenshot, under the directions for Windows XP, there is a link - "More detailed instructions; Take a Screenshot on Windows XP".  Have you tried those instructions?

If you tried to follow those instructions, did you find the Paint program? Were you able to save the Screenshot you made in Step 1 to the Paint program?

Were you able to save the Paint file to your Pictures folder or anyplace else using Save As?

If you were able to save the Screenshot file, then you can post it to this forum in a Reply by clicking on the little camera icon when you generate your reply.

I posted this because I would like to see you get this Flash Player problem resolved and I believe Maria can help you get that done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy; Thank you. I think Maria already knows the box is the installation box that is supposed to show download progress. The computer light is in the on position showing that something is trying to download. It remains consistent and does not change. It's just that the program is trying to download, but won't, as the box remains on the screen unless I "X" out of it. Something is blocking the download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria; I should also mention that the Adobe Flash Player download box that never shows anything in it stays "on" for whatever length of time the computer is on. The only way to get rid of it is to turn off the computer. Tells me again that it is trying to download, but not accomplishing it. Thanks, Mike ( or Michael)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria; Read my latest entry (if it shows at all), and thank you for your attempt to help. I have a Windows 7 pro and was only trying to get the best use out of my Windows XP before something else on it goes. I can live without Adobe Flash on it as I have it on my Win 7 if I really need it. Thanks again. Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention also trying to download Flash Player from Adobe's website from scratch. Same old, Same old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dummergold

I'm sorry, I really do not understand what your issue is.  Your first post indicates an issue with downloading the online installer, which requires an internet connection to download/install.  User andys75622553 provided a link to the offline installer, which does not require an internet connection to install.  You're response to andys75622553 is a bit confusing.  Please restate your issue in a clear manner, preferably as stated here Read Before Posting: How To Get A Useful Answer To Your Question

--

Maria

Sorry to intrude and cause a second issue. I did read the 'Read Before Posting: How To Get A Useful Answer To Your Question'. and I ask to be dismissed from the trouble shooting with respect to my Windows 7 issue, as I will not be able to concentrate and other stuff. Please help Mike.

I do find it interesting that you are running XP Mike, because I also run XP on this 'dial-up internet connected' computer that I type from at present - and interesting because I thought I had given up on Flash Player updates back last April when XP became obsolete - not that XP doesn't function, as I am still using it also, but that I could not update my Internet Explorer - so, I thought that because I could not update my Internet Explorer, that Flash Player was telling me that it couldn't update. And note that my statement could be warped by time, but something like that.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently the issue is that Adobe Flash play gets as far as showing the installtion box, suppossed to be showing download progress, but never does. Apparently something is blocking the download from even starting or progressing. The download box shows but no activity comes forth at all, ever. The download box will not close down. I would use ctrl-alt-delete but not sure what I'm seeing and would not want to close down something important.The only way to stop the non-progress is to turn off the computer, because the download box stays on the computer screen as long as the computer is "on".. I can minimize it, but it does not go away. This tells me something is keeping the download from happening.

My computer repair person tried to figure out what it might be but came up with nothing.. And he has been doing repairs for over 20 years.

I have learned to live without Adobe Flash as it is not THAT important to me, besides I have Windows 7 Pro on another computer. I just wondered if anyone has had THAT problem and has found a fix. Apparently Adobe couldn't care less as they are practically not approachable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michaels32067570

Thank you for the detailed description, without the screenshot your detailed description helped very much.

@dummergold

The online installer, which you're using downloads and installs the Flash Player silently.  You're dial-up connection might be too slow and is causing the download to fail.

For both of you, please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section.  There are multiple installer types for the various browsers.  You'll want to download the installer(s) for the browser(s) you use.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to try this:

1. Restart your computer to stop any Adobe process that is running.

2. Click on the following Adobe link.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Go down to the bottom where it says "Still having problems". Pick the appropriate link for your browser.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andys75622553 wrote:

You might want to try this:

1. Restart your computer to stop any Adobe process that is running.

2. Click on the following Adobe link.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Go down to the bottom where it says "Still having problems". Pick the appropriate link for your browser.

I hope this helps.

Success - Thanks Andy.

I have successfully downloaded the above installer and now my Flash Player is updated to current 17.0.0.134 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, been there done that. If my computer repair person can't fix it (he tried) (over 30 years experience) within my financial limits, then I can't be expected to either. Tried it as you suggested, but the download box shows NO activity when activred. I could leave it on all day and the download box does not go away until I turn off the computer. It shows saved in my download box files, but will not download as described above. I have to give up at some point. I can live without it or use my Win 7 Pro. Waiting for Windows 10 when they get through with their trial testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 23, 2015 May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it was my pop-up blocker turned on that was stopping my Flash Player installer not to load.

Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17801

'Gear Icon' / Internet Options / Privacy / turn on pop-up blocker

I had the bullet with check mark, so I unchecked and was able to proceed with Adobe Flash Player Installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines