Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash wont install-"does not have sufficiant privileges"

Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player wont install. This happened in February as well. It tried to install and says use does not have sufficient privileges to install adobe flash player. After countless tries it finally installed correctly (don't know why). A couple days ago i got a message that it needed to update, so I tried. same thing. I get the same error message. I finally uninstalled completely and tried to reinstall yet I again get the same messages. I have read through many posts on this forum and all of the recommendations given have not worked. I am working with a Win 7 laptop with Firefox.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please provide the FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash directory using the instructions here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1408375.  If this is a 64-bit OS, there is another FlashInstall.log file saved in C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash.  Both files are required for troubleshooting.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I am reviewing the log files and will post back shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hockeymom2009‌,

The file permissions on your system are corrupt which is resulting in the error you are seeing.  This FAQ, How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?, provides information on how fix the file permissions issues.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I did as instructed but it did not work. I got this message....it ran over and over until i closed out the window....

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines