• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems updating to flash 17

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to update my flash player. I'm on a Mac running OS X 10.10.1.  I can do the download, but instead of opening the installer, I get a text box with what looks like a bunch of random characters in it.  I also tried running the uninstaller in order to do a clean install, but I had the same problem with that. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please post a screenshot of what you're seeing. How to post a screenshot in the forum

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 9.13.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted one, below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  It appears you have MatLab, which is appending it's file extension (.mdlp) to the DMG file extension and results in the behaviour you are seeing. In the file downloaded, please delete anything after .dmg, leaving the file name only as 'uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg' (this is the name of the file in your screenshot).  If you have an installer file that has the mdlp file extension, do the same, delete everything after the DMG in the file name.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks much; I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines