• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select image not displaying, as well as html editor

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a web app where the user selects an image to display from the server.

I did not want to give them admin back end access, so I placed the web app on a Page with the intention of placing it in a secure zone.

But all the inputs when I was in the back end, like being able to select an image to display (or any media for that matter) no longer have that link when displayed in the page.

Also the Description which has the HTML editor in the back end, only has a text field for entering text, which does not allow the user to make the text very fancy at all.

What am I missing?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

That is the backend of the system built with those features. The front end is your domain - That is for you to code and create, you need implement an editor, the styles and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the backend of the system built with those features. The front end is your domain - That is for you to code and create, you need implement an editor, the styles and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How stupid of me to assume that building something in a web app would be what I get on the page for a user to use. There is nothing in the manual that indicates this is the case.

And again I don't agree it should not just work, but not much use jumping up and down about it.

Liam if you don't mind can you direct me to any resources to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not really know what to say on that one because it really should be common sense. The back end is built from the ground up - It is a platform interface built for the platform. You can not just do the same in the admin on your website with a tag in wordpress, joomla.. ETC. They were built, integrated with sever side code etc.

The front end is open to us, its to build websites and online solutions for businesses. It is up to us to code those solutions and if we need things to understand what they are.

You will need a javascript WYSIWYG - lots out there, which ever will fit what your doing and you will need to implement on the fields you want it.

A file upload requires that feature to be enabled on the web app settings in the admin and then when you use the form for web app creation through the toolbox in the admin - that field will have a browse/upload ability added to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Liam

Well not sure about common sense - if it says I can build a web app, that external users can use, and then I find I cant, unless I do a whole lot of coding which is not highlighted in the manuals, which I am guessing can be done on any website with a database. I have to wonder how good having the web app tool is. Yes I would agree its great for internal staff.

I have moved to allowing access to the back end for the external person that needs to input the web app items. Pity they can see the dashboard, but not sure I can turn that off for them, and pit they see all the other web apps, but also I can't seem to do anything about that either.

I apologise for my frustrations, but this is just another part of BC that to me does not work correctly.

As it is this client will probably move to infusionsoft, that just does work, albeit a little more expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines