Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop getting unreferenced images added in the web help output

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have one robohelp project with 6 different TOCs. From each TOC, I am generating one web help and one chm output. So, in all 6 webhelp outputs and 6 CHM outputs.

Now, while generating any output, I found that almost all the images from the project are included in the output even when the images are not used in the particular TOC or the respective topic is not linked from the TOC. Due to this, the size of the output is unnecessarily increasing.

Has anybody come across such situation? Am I doing something wrong? Is there any option to stop getting un-referenced images added in the output?

-Charudatta M.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Exclude Unreferenced Topics from Output marked for each of these outputs?  For Microsoft Help, it's towards the bottom of the first window that displays after you choose to generate. For WebHelp, after you choose to generate, choose Content Categories and then Content <Default>. The exclude option is at the bottom of that window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kim for your reply. Yes, I selected both the options available at the bottom the dialog box. But, still the images are coming.exclude_unreferenced_topics.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh rats. I'm sure the in-house experts will have better suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“In-house”? We’re in-house now? News to me (LOL)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha!! Well... It's kind of like a dormitory setting isn't it?  You guys huddle around an old wooden table with your coffee cups leaving ring marks, your laptops at the ready, just waiting for someone to ask a question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ROTFL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm guessing Conditional Build Tags aren't being used here?

If you used Conditional Build Tags and a Conditional Build Expression to exclude the topics that reference the images, the images should not be there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry about the ring. I'll try to remember to bring a coaster next time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. But, if a particular topic containing images is not included in the TOC, then why the images of that topic included in the output and topic is excluded from the output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this. Locate one of the topics that references an image but is not in the TOC. Right-click it and choose Show > Topic Links

Are there any links that show up pointing to this topic? If so, even though that topic is not in the TOC, if there is a topic IN the TOC that has a link to this topic, it's still "referenced" and will be included.

Additionally, note that we may now have multiple TOCs. Are you certain that the correct TOC is being referenced?

What version of RoboHelp are you using?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick,

Thanks for the detailed information. I will check my project as per your instructions and will update you. I am using RoboHelp 10.

-Charudatta M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Rick,

I checked the project as per your instructions. But, the topic from which the images are added in the output has no any links in the problematic TOC.

-Chaudatta M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp