• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't Facebook let me upload more than five pictures? It says I need to upgrade my Flash, but I have done that.

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased a new computer and I can no longer upload pictures to Facebook. I am a photographer and I need to be able to upload a lot at the same time. I have run the tests, installed on different browsers, reinstalled, restarted the computer and the internet... Nothing is working. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably going to get better results asking in the appropriate Facebook support channels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked the correct area in Facebook, and gone to technical support but nobody can figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give you any useful advice, I'm going to need to know more about your computer and browser:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/5249945#5249945

Also, have you tried multiple browsers?  It would be a useful data point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash has been downloaded through Internet Explorer and Chrome. Apparently there is a current update out for Windows 8.1 that communicates to the browsers that it is installed, but there is a patch blocking it. It has been manually uninstalled and re-installed, but it still isn't working. I have a Lenovo with Windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and higher, Flash Player is a built-in component of the browser.  There is nothing separate that you need to download or install (or uninstall).

Updates to Flash in this context are simply updates for Internet Explorer, and are delivered via Windows Update.  You can run Windows Update to determine if you have all the latest patches installed (and I'd highly recommend enabling automatic update so that you don't have to worry about running secure versions).

For IE, this advice might be helpful:

First, confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Internet Explorer 11 introduces a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

If you somehow managed to damage the installation of Flash and IE  (you manually changed files, etc), then you can usually get things fixed by uninstalling the last update for Internet Explorer from add/remove programs, then re-installing it by running Windows Update.  This will usually get you back to an intact version of IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines