Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hanging indents for bulleted lists in Robohelp X misalinged

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2007 Nov 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using Robohelp WebHelp (working directly in the WYSIWIG editor) for a number of years and am suddenly having an issue with hanging indents for bulleted lists.

I have always used the built in bullet feature of the WYSIWIG editer to create my bulleted and numbered lists. No different on my latest project.

Anyway, my bulleted lists look perfect in the editer but are misalinged when I publish to WebHelp (I'm running IE 6 locally). To be specific they are inline with the rest of the text. I have double-checked the formatting of these lists, with bulleted lists I've created earlier and there are no differences. Furthermore, my old projects still seem to generate properly. I've tried adjusting the padding and etc... No luck. Another weird thing, I can't seem to use the ruler to manually adjust the indents.. Any ideas?

thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris -

You posted:

"I have double-checked the formatting of these lists, with bulleted lists I've created earlier and there are no differences. "

Where / how did you check the formatting?

What version of RH are you using?

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks....

I am using Robohelp X5... I checked formatting with two other projects that I created with X5 - via the WSYWIG editer. Didn't check the HTML.

I've sumbitted the files to a test server and am going to see if others are noticing the issue (so far I've only tested locally)..

- chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris -

OK, thanks.

Sounds like you didn't check in the right place...the formatting is defined in your CSS file(s). Sounds like your older projects had the desired format properly recorded in the CSS but the new project changed (for what-ever reason) and may not be saving your changes.

Suggestion: generate your new project to a local folder on your drive then copy the CSS file(s) from an older generated project into the new gen folder with Overwrite=Yes.

Run the new gen-ed project and see if it looks as you want.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the copy CSS (copied 4 files or so)... I'm still waiting to see if other users are experience the same issue..

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2007 Nov 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris -

You replied:
"I tried the copy CSS (copied 4 files or so)... I'm still waiting to see if other users are experience the same issue."

...but did it work for you?

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2007 Nov 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Noper....

Have tried it twice... The other thing about is this issue is it does not manifest itself when I output to Word. So, yeah I'd like to understand if the issue is somehow related to my copy of IE (which is why I'm waiting to get input for others).

The only other remdiation I can think of is to create a new bullet style and apply it to all my bullets.. I now in Dreamweaver you are easily able to create or edit new CSS styles.. If I remember correctly this funcitionality is under the hood in Robohelp. Anyway, thanks for your input.. I'll follow through on my new bullet thought sometime soon..

- c.s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp