• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Force Page Break Before Certain Headings

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2007 Nov 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to force a page break before the main section of my user manual. However, when using the "Page break before new topic" in the build options creates a new page for every single topic instead of book as I would like.

Is there any way to get the behavior I want...?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do that too. Assuming your main section starts with a heading that has a style applied to it (for example, a Heading 1 or H1 or BookTitle or whatever you want to call it), define the corresponding style in Word to have a page break before it. That is, in Word, go to Format > Style > select Heading 1 > Modify > Paragraph > Line and Page Breaks > Page break before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Kathy Maddox
I do that too. Assuming your main section starts with a heading that has a style applied to it (for example, a Heading 1 or H1 or BookTitle or whatever you want to call it), define the corresponding style in Word to have a page break before it. That is, in Word, go to Format > Style > select Heading 1 > Modify > Paragraph > Line and Page Breaks > Page break before.

Thanks... But is there a way to do that directly in RoboHelp HTML instead of relying on Word...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2007 Nov 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short answer is "no" as RH has no concept of page breaks. It is an online help tool. As far as the printed documentation is concerned, it is just that - a hard copy of the help. As this creates Word output what is wrong with Kathy's solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2007 Nov 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: Colum McAndrew
The short answer is "no" as RH has no concept of page breaks. It is an online help tool. As far as the printed documentation is concerned, it is just that - a hard copy of the help. As this creates Word output what is wrong with Kathy's solution?

That's what I'm going to do. I just wanted to know if there was an unknown option somewhere in the software or if there was a way instead of relying on the other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp